Thread: Bad News for Jan and Feb WDWers

Default Bad News for Jan and Feb WDWers

Splash Mountain is going down for its annual "nose powdering" from January 3 - February 27, 2010.
    Mouse Unlimited - The Ultimate Disney Travel Agency
    Mouse Unlimited | MU Forum | MU Blog | MU Twitter | MU Facebook

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Well crudmuffins. I knew this was a chance scheduling a trip at that time, known for refurbs. Of course that is our traditional first and last ride of every trip, DD's fave.

Are they usually true to the estimated closed times? Maybe the briarpatch faeries will sprinkle some dust for an opening before Feb. 9th
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by cglaura View Post
    Well crudmuffins. I knew this was a chance scheduling a trip at that time, known for refurbs. Of course that is our traditional first and last ride of every trip, DD's fave.

Are they usually true to the estimated closed times? Maybe the briarpatch faeries will sprinkle some dust for an opening before Feb. 9th
    Once it's published, they usually hold true. We thought the same thing last year - hoping they'd push it back another day. No such luck.

The possible good news is that because this refurb is so long, they may reduce future annual downtimes, or skip to every other year. This is just speculation though. Splash's traditional annual check-up always starts the first full week in January
    Mouse Unlimited - The Ultimate Disney Travel Agency
    Mouse Unlimited | MU Forum | MU Blog | MU Twitter | MU Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by MouseUnlimited View Post
    Once it's published, they usually hold true. We thought the same thing last year - hoping they'd push it back another day. No such luck.

The possible good news is that because this refurb is so long, they may reduce future annual downtimes, or skip to every other year. This is just speculation though. Splash's traditional annual check-up always starts the first full week in January
    I'm soooo hoping they won't be down during our Jan/Feb trip in 2011. It's my all time fav. but skipped a year, now we hit the "every other year" refurb time for Splash Mountain and it sucks!! Our vacation is usually smack in the middle of it, too. Hopefully even if it's going on during our next trip we'll just miss it for the first part (since we're going a bit later than we have the last few times).
    Married to my soul mate for 6 years. Mama to 3 in arms and 2 in heaven!

I just heard yesterday that Test Track will be down starting January 11th-18th so we have to scramble and change plans to get on it a few times before it closes for a week.
    Melissa

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Weluvdisny View Post
    I just heard yesterday that Test Track will be down starting January 11th-18th so we have to scramble and change plans to get on it a few times before it closes for a week.
    Ah, this is the main reason EPCOT exists in my mind - my fave ride in the whole World. I'd definitely have to make some date changes if I had to miss Test Track. Hold your hands up in the air once around the track for me. Hope you have a great time.
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.

During our trip last January - you would have had to pay me to get on SM - and I mean a significant amount of $$$$. It was freezing! Even by South Central PA standards, we were wearing winter coats.
    Fanofree

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by schaery View Post
    Ah, this is the main reason EPCOT exists in my mind - my fave ride in the whole World. I'd definitely have to make some date changes if I had to miss Test Track. Hold your hands up in the air once around the track for me. Hope you have a great time.
    I might be holding my hands up with winter gloves on for ya!! I'm sure we'll have a good time no matter what the temperature. And I will only go on Kali if it's at least 70 degrees and I have a rain poncho on!
    Melissa

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Don't know the temp in Orlando today but it's pretty much sucking on the Gulf Coast. High is 40 and lows the next 5 nights in the 20's. When is this global warming thing supposed to happen? Well, it still wouldn't stop me from Test Track but Splash Mountain and Kali would be a definite no.
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.