Thread: Scavenger Hunt??

DisneyMa is offline I need to be moving, but I'm relaxing on SR!!

Default Scavenger Hunt??

Ok, so the real name should be: I couldn't figure out the scavenger hunt (even after I read the answer) could someone explain it to me (slowly) thread

Now, that the answer is posted and a winner announced could we talk about it? And if we can, can we post the 3 clues and have a "class" on how the heck the 3 clues fit with the answer?!

Please tell me I am not the only one who is totally having a blond moment!! I'm not blond anymore, I'm a red-head! This couldn't happen to me?!
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMa View Post
    Ok, so the real name should be: I couldn't figure out the scavenger hunt (even after I read the answer) could someone explain it to me (slowly) thread

Now, that the answer is posted and a winner announced could we talk about it? And if we can, can we post the 3 clues and have a "class" on how the heck the 3 clues fit with the answer?!

Please tell me I am not the only one who is totally having a blond moment!! I'm not blond anymore, I'm a red-head! This couldn't happen to me?!
    If it makes you feel any better, I don't get it either....I guessed but was totally way off base??
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Okay, here are the three clues:

1. bridget jones diary and godfather: both are books turned into movies

2. bugsy, gladiator, shakespeare in love and memoirs of a geisha: all won oscars for costume

3. year that the upc scanner started being used in stores: 1974

The Great Gatsby was a book turned into a movie, that won an oscar for costume in 1974

Before the 3rd clue came up, I pulled up a list of all oscar winners for costume design. There are a few that also were based on books. So I really needed that 3rd clue. I think I just got lucky because I found that 3rd clue as soon as it came up, because no one had posted that it was even up.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Default Wow, that was good!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by emmoore5124 View Post

2. bugsy, gladiator, shakespeare in love and memoirs of a geisha: all won oscars for costume

The Great Gatsby was a book turned into a movie, that won an oscar for costume in 1974

Before the 3rd clue came up, I pulled up a list of all oscar winners for costume design. There are a few that also were based on books. So I really needed that 3rd clue. I think I just got lucky because I found that 3rd clue as soon as it came up, because no one had posted that it was even up.

Congrats again!
    Sunshine Rewards

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

Wow I am impressed! That was good!
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

DisneyMa is offline I need to be moving, but I'm relaxing on SR!!

Quote Originally Posted by emmoore5124 View Post

Thanks for the how to! I would have never got that! Congrats on the win and welcome to SR!!
    Sunshine Rewards

congrats to you!

but i have to ask if someone would please tell how/where were the clues? i never saw a clue!

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Default I can only answer for #1 and #2

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesdare View Post
    congrats to you!

but i have to ask if someone would please tell how/where were the clues? i never saw a clue!
    I never did find 3.

#1 was on the bottom of the SR Auctions Page
    #2 was on the bottom of the shopping search engine page. ( I actually found this one on first try bc I knew SR wanted to give it more publicity!)

have no clue where #3 was.
    Sunshine Rewards