Thread: LCD computer monitor

Default LCD computer monitor

i would like to buy my dh an lcd computer monitor for christmas but i don't want to spend an arm and a leg and 15 pints of blood on it. i've looked at different merchants here on sr and am totally confused. widescreen vs regular, new vs refurbished - too many choices - not enough info. i do know that i would like one with built in speakers as he likes to listen to music and play games on his computer. if anyone has any thoughts and suggestions about a possible merchant it would be greatly appreciated.
    [IMG].gif[/IMG] i got my penguin from coastalgirl

I always check Buy.com first, they seem to have the best deals. Amazon comes up with some great ones too, as well as Ebay. Also, watch eCost.com, I put coupons up for monitors on a daily basis for them.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Cindy- for your quick answers. checked ebay and it appears that most of their monitors are used not new. also checked buy.com and they had a few that i might check into further. does ecost sell new monitors since they seem to specialize in refurbished/recertified items? again for answering and have a great day.
    [IMG].gif[/IMG] i got my penguin from coastalgirl

Quote Originally Posted by marcymajor View Post
    Cindy- for your quick answers. checked ebay and it appears that most of their monitors are used not new. also checked buy.com and they had a few that i might check into further. does ecost sell new monitors since they seem to specialize in refurbished/recertified items? again for answering and have a great day.
    Yes, they have both. Don't know how big you want, but check this out, its new and a great price,

Acer
    Acer H213H 21.5" Widescreen LCD Display - ET.WH3HP.002
    20000:1 contrast ratio, 1920 x 1080 resolution, 5ms response time, Stereo speakers, HDMI input
    eCOST.com Part #43161971
    Mfg. Part #ET.WH3HP.002
    $162.00
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I think widescreen means it is more rectangular shaped (think LCD HDTVs) and regular is the square shape most old monitors had.
    Sunshine Rewards