Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kind of a "duh" ? Re: Mousse / airplane

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Default kind of a "duh" ? Re: Mousse / airplane

Can you pack mousse when flying? I looked on the TSA, says creams, gels, aerosol ok....is mousse considered aerosol?

I cut my hair tonight (took 13 inches off). I'm just too busy and frustrated to deal with long hair at the moment and was tired of putting it up all the time. So now it is a couple inches past my shoulders.

But anyway, I definitely need mousse w/ this hairstyle. So the reason for my question!

TIA
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

You're wanting to bring it on the plane in your carryon?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Either / or. I know the carry on has to be 3.4 oz. I'm just worried about the pressure and it exploding or something. I've flown alot, but I've always used gels or frizz cream. I'm a mousse newbie

TIA!

I'd think that if you can pack spray sunscreen in your suitcase and check it, you could pack mousse.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

I haven't taken it in my carryon. But I do take my mousse in my regular luggage every time and it is fine. I think the luggage compartments are all pressurized the same as the regular cabin.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

You can put it in your checked baggage. Just be sure to put it in a ziplock bag as it may burst.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    I'd think that if you can pack spray sunscreen in your suitcase and check it, you could pack mousse.
    Thanks! I was wondering about that also. My neighbor is a nurse and she rec'd a bunch of Coppertone samples and gave me a bottle of the Sport Spray, and a bunch of single lotion packets. I was hoping I could use the Sport on my trip for the sweat proof feature.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I haven't taken it in my carryon. But I do take my mousse in my regular luggage every time and it is fine. I think the luggage compartments are all pressurized the same as the regular cabin.
    Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    You can put it in your checked baggage. Just be sure to put it in a ziplock bag as it may burst.
    Thanks guys! I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy it down there. Not renting a car, I could just imagine the price at Disney
    Last edited by cglaura; 09-26-2007 at 09:17 AM.

I second what Catherine said about the ziplock. I ziplock every single thing that has any liquid or gel in it that I put in my suitcase. Even just putting things in a makeup bag doesn't seem to be enough. I put everything in something waterproof because you never know what happens behind those closed airplane doors. LOL!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

If you have a container store or an academy nearby they have some great travel "bags" that are thick plastic and would be great for your trip. I belived the one I got came from Container Store and its a long thick plastic that can fit all my bottles in there. The thing at academy is more like a small travel bag but its all plastic compartments inside to fit your toilatries in there to prevent spillage. it also comes with a standard sized quart ziplock bag in a thick plastic as well.
    Sunshine Rewards

Catherine, is this the store? http://www.containerstore.com I think I found some stuff there similar to what you were explaining.

Wasn't sure what to google for Academy, too broad a result range. Can you let me know if you have their website address?

We don't have either, "Just South of Nowhere" see, not kidding! We just this year got a Walmart. But last year was really big, we got a Lowes AND a Bed Bath Beyond No Olive Gardens, no Outbacks, nada. But we do have alot of nice local places. I'm in a tourist town, just outstide Cape May, so we are quaint, just don't get the biggies like Macy's etc. Our closest mall is over an hour away!

I do usually put everything in Zip bags, I had a conditioner bottle explode once, what a mess.