Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is a DVC Owner

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

Default Who is a DVC Owner

Who is a DVC owner and where do you own? How long have you owned and do you have any tips you have come across since owning?

My parents own and my sister and I are on the deed. We own at Wilderness Lodge and Boardwalk and it has been since 2009.

Kim

We've owned at Saratoga Springs since 2004. I'm itching for an add on too...
    Sunshine Rewards

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

Did you buy yours through Disney? We bought through Timeshare store. My parents actually had me buy their last one while they were there last time. They close the end of the month, then they have 100 points that expire the middle of March they have to get rid of some how or loose.

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

I could figure out how to use those points

I've owned since 2008 at Saratoga Springs. I would love to add on at the GCV but the points there are so high...maybe one day.

My best tip is to use your points! I've heard way to many stories of people forgetting to bank points and ulitmately losing points.
    Sunshine Rewards

You gonna fly down and use them?

We bought 150 points at Boardwalk in 2000 and added on another 100 three years later; we bought directly from Disney both times.
    I would love to add on more - either at Beach Club or Bay Lake Tower. We've used every single point, but I can see where it'd be easy to lose track, especially if you have more than one contract. It does take some planning ahead which is a good thing for us - it forces us to sit down and decide how we're going to use our vacation.
    I love our DVC - one of the best things we ever did, and I've never cared about analyzing whether or not it was a 'good' or 'smart' investment from the financial side. It's Disney, and it's good enough to just know I have accommodations at DW for as long as I'm around!

Jeanne - happily residing in Wisconsin Badger country

We bought 175 points at BWV in 2000. We later added on 125 points at Saratoga Springs. We love staying at the Boardwalk and have brought many family members with us. The Community Hall has many great activities and movies to take back to your room. One night on our trips we like to get pizza from the Boardwalk, get a movie from the Community Hall, and have a nice quiet evening after a long day at the parks.

We bought 160 pts. from Disney at AKL in 2008. And we came really close to adding on another 100 just last month, but decided to wait since we just got a car loan as well (my black friday purchase!). We love being able to know that we WILL take a vacation, cause we could never let the points go to waste! Wish we had joined sooner (you'll hear that a lot!)!!
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

Keep them coming. This is very cool.

We bought direct from Disney in 1993 at Old Key West when DVC was just under a year old. OKW was the ONLY DVC resort at that time.

In the beginning, people weren't buying DVC. It was a different kind of timeshare and people were skeptical. As an incentive our contract stipulated that we would received 1/2 the amount of park parkhopper passes that the villa for our length of stay. This was everytime we stayed at the resort until 1999. Too good a deal to pass up.

2 passes with a studio
    2 passes with a 1 bedroom
    4 passes with a 2 bedroom
    6 passes with a Grand Villa

230 was the minimum amount of points you could buy. We used to go every for Spring break so we priced it out and with out points we could get a 2 bedroom every April........and got 4 free passes, enough for all of us. We did that for 6 years. When AK opened in 1998, they included it on our tickets. Score!!!

Now it's just DH and I that go, but in October the whole family is going and we booked a Grand Villa. We had to bank and borrow points but I had enough points left over after booking the GV to book a 5 day trip for DH and I in April. We're all very excited. DS hasn't been in 14 years. DD hasn't been for 7. DD's boyfriend has never been, and my grandchildren have never been.

It's one of the best investments we ever made.

If you can't use the points you might try to rent them. I think someone did it here. You can also try on that Disney Board.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards