Thread: Oh no, here I go again...

Default Oh no, here I go again...

Last year at this time, I had a spyware issue and bought Webroot 2009 with Anti spyware. I took the hard drive to the Geek Squad store and they downloaded the anti-virus software for me from a CD. I've not had any issues for a year until the other day. I bought 2010 Webroot with Anti-spyware a few weeks ago and installed it. Several days ago, when I tried for a survey, it would re-direct to GF's home page asking me to join (same as last year). When I try for an AMP survey, it'll let me get a few pages in and then the screen turns all bright red, except in the middle. In the center of the screen is a white box that says "this website has been blocked for spyware and virus". You all know what happens when you are trying/doing an AMP and for whatever reason it says you've already did your survey and come back tomorrow. At no point did I ever turn the Webroot software off. I even clear cookies and use Ccleaner daily, along with spyware software and something still got in. Or, is AMP being blocked for some reason. I've never seen this kind of warning. In the white message box with the red screen, it gives you the option to purchase software or register software. When I click on that, an advertisement comes up that won't go away unless you totally close the browser window. It also has happened a few times when I try to get on Yahoo mail and a few others that I've never had a problem with. Could there be a new strain of virus's that can get through the newest virus/spyware for 2010? Anyone?

Honestly, I stopped paying for any kind of virus software years ago because no virus software is able to block it all anyway. I use the free version of AVG and run adaware or spybot if I feel there is a problem.

Probably the BEST program that I have found to get rid of junk on my machine though, is Malwarebytes. Do a google search for it. They have a free version (which is what I use) and it finds stuff that nothing else seems to find. I highly recommend it!

Good luck! I know how frustrating it can be to have computer issues!
    Debbie

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Sounds like your antivirus program is going a little overboard if you are getting warnings with Yahoo Mail. I would try turning it off and downloading AVG free and see if you still get error messages.
    Sunshine Rewards

My BIL had the same issue last year. He didn't have any anti-virus software at the time. He is not very savvy with a computer so I went over and tried to help him figure it out. His was a virus that wanted him to buy their virus protection. Oh course it was a scam to get his CC info.

He was able to buy Norton online but the virus wouldn't let him install it. He called Norton and they did it remotely and got rid of the virus for him.

Scary stuff. Hope you figure it out.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

keep your anti-virus running.

my kid got this on her computer last year... it slips by the anti-virus programs...the only thing that worked was malwarebytes

malwarebytes is a free program...download it... run it... you can run the short version and then the long version...
    The short version got it for me when none of the antivirus programs could even see it.

Good luck
    Faith
    Proud to be SR member #3129

OMG, what a pain! It's a good thing some of your posts were sent to my email. After a while, this crazy thing blocked me from SR and the forums. I read the malwarebytes suggestion, typed in their web address and the crazy thing blocked even that site. I can't even get on SR, ain't happening, I took the hard drive to Best Buy. They did a scan on it and it showed nothing. I couldn't get it to recreate itself again. They did everything free that they could. The next step was another scan $70, virus something or other $100. etc. The tech said, take it home and try it again. I hooked everything back up, got on to SR, tried for an AMP, and Boom, there it is again. I went to the Malwarebytes site, downloaded it, and let it do it's thing. It removed 24 things, rebooted, and here we are, so far so good. Thanks to all with the suggestions. Now I still can't get a survey because of being blocked, there's just nothing out there for me. AMP thinks I'm from somewhere else too! I start a new job tomorrow that I'll love! Can't wait to contribute and have my own money again! It's part-time and the money's great!

glad you have a clean computer again.
    Faith
    Proud to be SR member #3129