Thread: Two more cashout questions...

Default Two more cashout questions...

WooHoo!!!

It is so nice to have the problem of HOW to cash out.

As I have mentioned in other posts, I set a goal of $100 by the end of January so that I could get a Disney gift card for our trip starting April 1. I've been very diligent and my $100 will actually be over $125 by tomorrow.

My plan (based on the great advice I received here in the forum) was to cash out to PayPal and add the funds to one of the gift cards I already have here at home. Well, my Disney Store (where I go to add the funds) is closing by Feb 20....before I would be able to get the PayPal funds. So, that brings me to my first question: Can I CALL the number on the gift card and ADD funds to it, using a credit card, over the phone? If so, then I think that is what I will do.

Now, since I exceeded my goal by $25, I was thinking about using the extra $25 and cashing out for another Landry's gift card. I already have $100 in GC's that we will be using for dinner at T-Rex. I was thinking that the extra $25 would help pay for a CS meal at Yak and Yeti in the AK. If not, it wouldn't go to waste....it would pay for a brownie volcano at Rainforest Cafe! That brings me to my next question: If I cash out now for the Landry's card, will it get here by March 30? I would hope so, since it is 10 weeks away, but I want to make sure.

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

I don't think the timing of getting the Landry's card will be a problem - that is tons of time.

I'm not sure about reloading the card but you should be able to find that info on Disney's website. Just search the site for gift card faq's and you should find it.
    Sunshine Rewards

disneygiftcard.com says:

Where can I reload my Disney Gift Card? Disney Gift Cards can be reloaded at locations that sell Disney Gift Cards. Online reloads are not available at this time.
    So if they sell them by phone, perhaps you can do a phone reload.

But, having now re-re-read your post, I want to make sure you know that you could just take that cash and put it on a card (reload or buy new) when you're actually at WDW/DLR (not sure where you're heading).

Remember you have to the end of Jan for a paypal to come end of Feb (and if you are brave and can do banking while you're at Disney, AND your trip is long enough just in case there's a few days delay...you could think about cashing out end of Feb, to get the paypal end of March...but you'd really have to know your bank well and trust how fast they do transfers from paypal). You don't have to cash out now, for instance. Maybe you'll earn a few more bucks!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    disneygiftcard.com says:

So if they sell them by phone, perhaps you can do a phone reload.

But, having now re-re-read your post, I want to make sure you know that you could just take that cash and put it on a card (reload or buy new) when you're actually at WDW/DLR (not sure where you're heading).

Remember you have to the end of Jan for a paypal to come end of Feb (and if you are brave and can do banking while you're at Disney, AND your trip is long enough just in case there's a few days delay...you could think about cashing out end of Feb, to get the paypal end of March...but you'd really have to know your bank well and trust how fast they do transfers from paypal). You don't have to cash out now, for instance. Maybe you'll earn a few more bucks!
    My PayPal cashouts are generally fairly quick. We're leaving on the first, but we're driving so we won't arrive in WDW until the 3rd. Now that I think about it, I could probably wait until the end of Feb to cash out. Then, I could put a re-load on my credit card and pay that off with the PayPal cash out. Hmmmm....MORE to think about.

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Have you considered getting the Paypal Debit card? Then you can use it just use it for charging or pull cash out of the atm there. It cost $1 paypal fee + whatever local atm fee though...but charging is free.

I've had one for a few months. It is great. My ex pays child support through paypal, then I use the card to pay what bills I can online, like phone, cable, etc. And he can't use the excuse check must have gotten lost in the mail

I've just recently started getting my SR out for paypal as well. Then when I have an excess I transfer that to my linked bank account.

But if you are thinking of waiting to cash out Feb / receive it March then maybe the debit card would be an option.

The card was free, you just have to have a verified checking account & a credit card linked to paypal. I was even able to get an add'l one free in dd's name.
    Last edited by cglaura; 01-24-2010 at 12:41 AM.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

I've made my decision...

First, I was able to get a $25 Landry's card from *another* site. (Lancome at 2500 points per order adds up fast)

Second, I have had fantastic success with surveys and freebies, thanks to you great folks here on the forum. My goal went from $75 to $100 to $125...and now I am at $170 already!!

My plan now is to wait until the end of February to cash out. I'll use my Disney Visa to reload my gift card (hey, that will be almost $2 more Visa Rewards) and then the money will be in my account by the time the bill comes.

Only 41 more days.....

Quote Originally Posted by kristenrice View Post
    I've made my decision...

First, I was able to get a $25 Landry's card from *another* site. (Lancome at 2500 points per order adds up fast)

Second, I have had fantastic success with surveys and freebies, thanks to you great folks here on the forum. My goal went from $75 to $100 to $125...and now I am at $170 already!!

My plan now is to wait until the end of February to cash out. I'll use my Disney Visa to reload my gift card (hey, that will be almost $2 more Visa Rewards) and then the money will be in my account by the time the bill comes.

Only 41 more days.....
    I am a newbie and confused by this....what does this mean? You can load sr onto your visa card? sorry for being daft....
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Heather
    Dreaming of our next trip......Nov 3-13, 2012!!

Quote Originally Posted by momof3lovebugs View Post
    I am a newbie and confused by this....what does this mean? You can load sr onto your visa card? sorry for being daft....

she is just going to load her disney GC using funds from her personal disney visa. She will then cash out SR into her paypal and then use the paypal funds to pay her Disney Visa bill....I think....