Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Dining

Default Free Dining

is anyone going to disney during free dining? have your ADR's yet? share with me, i have one more TS i need to fill (not in a park).

It's Gonna Be a Bright, Bright
    Sunshine Day
    Lori

I'm not going for free dining but do plan on using DDP in October. What do you have so far?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

each adult that is going got to pick one place. our friend chose planet hollywood (for the fried lasagna), his wife hasn't chosen yet but gave me her vote, my dh picked whispering canyon cafe and i took Kona Cafe. we were going to do concourse steakhouse but i've been ready not so great stuff about it.

It's Gonna Be a Bright, Bright
    Sunshine Day
    Lori

We will be there for free dining. This will be our third year!

I am an obsessive, over-organized planner so I made my ADR's back in April! Here's where we are going:

1. LeCellier in Canada ~ This will be or 2nd time. Love the cheese soup.
    2. Chef Mickeys at the Contemporary for dinner before heading over to the MNSSHP.
    3. Crystal Palace for breakfast....(breakfast lasagne another )
    4. Sci-Fi and MGM for lunch. ~ not to thrilled about this one but my ds4 will love it there.
    5. Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge for dinner (never been!)
    6. Coral Reef for lunch (never been!)
    7. Nine Dragons in China. We love this place.The Honey Sesame Chicken is so so yummy!
    Sunshine Rewards

oh! by the way...we stayed at the Poly last 2 years...are you going to Kona for break, lunch or dinner?
    Sunshine Rewards

sorry...just read your were looking for "outside" the parks
    Boma is an amazing experience.
    Sunshine Rewards

Now you've got me obsessing about ADR's again! I made mine back in Feb for our July trip. We don't have free dining, but we do have DDP....

Ohana dinner on arrival night
    LTT dinner
    Coral Reef dinner
    50's Prime time dinner
    Crystal Palace breakfast
    CRT dinner
    Cape May Cafe breakfast (may change his one, we leave for the airport at 4pm and we may want lunch instead)

What do all of you Disney experts think? The only one I've been to before is CRT and let's be honest, you go there for the atmosphere more than the food. DD4 is a Cinderella nut and will love this one!

We are doing O'hana, Liberty Tree Tavern, Coral Reef, Tony's, and Boma

These are all new for us this trip so we are excited. We watched the Disney Weddings on Food Network and they ate at O'hana, it got us all jazzed up.

I have my ADRs, but things could change. I'm on the lookout for low airfare so we don't have to do the 20 hour drive.

If you're looking for out of the parks, I think you have a lot of fun choices. Pick a restaurant in a fun location or with a fun theme. We are really looking forward to visiting the Polynesian and AK Resorts.

Have fun!
    Sunshine Rewards

We did Ohana on our arrival night. Since we are on the west coast we got in a little later and so we knew we wouldn't hit a park. It was great!! We were able to see wishes and the food was wonderful. So it was a great start to a Disney feeling vacation. I think we will do that again next time we go.

Quote Originally Posted by luvdisney00 View Post
    Now you've got me obsessing about ADR's again! I made mine back in Feb for our July trip. We don't have free dining, but we do have DDP....

Ohana dinner on arrival night
    LTT dinner
    Coral Reef dinner
    50's Prime time dinner
    Crystal Palace breakfast
    CRT dinner
    Cape May Cafe breakfast (may change his one, we leave for the airport at 4pm and we may want lunch instead)

What do all of you Disney experts think? The only one I've been to before is CRT and let's be honest, you go there for the atmosphere more than the food. DD4 is a Cinderella nut and will love this one!
    <Sunshine Rewards

We're not going for free dining, but are going next month with the DDP. Here's what we have to spark an idea or two (me, DD8, friend, her DD8 and DS5):

1900 Park Fare dinner on arrival night
    Mama Melrose Fantasmic package
    Rainforest Cafe at AK
    Whispering Canyon Cafe
    Chef Mickey's

If you haven't been to 'Ohana, that is my number one all time favorite of anyplace we've been so far. Try to time it so you are there during Wishes, and get there early for your ADR and ask for a window table and tell them you'll wait for one. We loved the food, the fun, and the atmosphere. Okay, now I'm sad we're not going there next month.... hmmm.