Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Disney Travel Agent FAQ

Default Some Disney Travel Agent FAQ

Howdy Folks!

I'm a member of one major Disney Forum, and my wife, Kayla, is a member of another. We're also both members here.

Between the three Forums, we see a lot of questions and concerns regarding Travel Agencies. While a few of these questions and concerns come from Disney Rookies, most of them actually come from people like SR Members, who would be considered Advanced or Expert Disney Travelers.

These "advanced" travelers often prefer to retain full control of their vacation and are hesitant to get a 3rd Party involved, such as a Travel Agent. Please allow me to post some of the frequently asked questions, and our explanations and answers:

Q: Doesn't it cost me MORE to use a Travel Agent than to book it through Disney myself?
    A: Sometimes - but not with Mouse Unlimited. There are definitely a number of Travel Agencies that charge fees or inflate the cost of Disney Vacations. Mouse Unlimited, however, often gives part of our commissions back to the client - specifically in the form of Sunshine Rewards Cash Back!

With us, you won't pay a penny more than you would with Disney directly, and that's even when we plan your entire trip and book your dining reservations. And honestly, our pricing sometimes comes in cheaper than Disney direct since they don't offer you every discount available all the time.

I used a Travel Agent once and they wouldn't let me plan any part of my trip or make dining reservations on my own.
    A: We're not sure what Agency it was that did this, but it's definitely not our policy. As soon as we book a Disney Vacation on your behalf, we send you a Confirmation with your Reservation Number on it. If you'd rather not have us plan the rest of your trip, you can use the Reservation Number to link all of your own Dining Reservations and Recreation to your package.

The only caveat is that you can't make changes to your actual reservation yourself, since it's booked under our agency's account. We have to make changes to your room, package, and Magical Express reservation. We also have to apply payments on your behalf - but we use your Credit Card. We don't pay Disney, inflate the price, then bill you.

The internet is great, but I would feel more comfortable if I could actually speak to my Agent at some point.
    A: We agree. While the internet is an amazing tool, and really helps us keep our overhead low (since we work from home and use the website and e-mail to do all of our bookings), there's definitely something to be said for speaking one-on-one.

So, while most of our clients prefer to use e-mail for all communications, we still have plenty that like to talk on the phone - whether it just be to reassure them that we're real, or to get a better education on how something works.

Unlike some other Disney Travel Agencies, we actually provide a toll-free phone number for our clients, which goes to an intuitive Voice Mail system. If we're home when you call, we'll talk to you right then. If we're not, we'll get your message and call you back that evening or on the weekend.

And don't worry folks, your call doesn't go to a call center or get filtered to the "next available agent" located somewhere in the US. They all come right to us - Tom and Kayla - at our home office. We're the Owners and the only Agents. You will work with us from start to finish.

Oops! We already booked our next Disney Vacation ourselves. Should we cancel and re-book with Mouse Unlimited to get our Cash Back?
    A: Not at all! There is a very simple process allowing us to transfer your reservation to our account (using a letter signed by you), which would send the commission to us, thus allowing us to give Sunshine Rewards Cash Back.

I got a discount PIN Code in the mail/e-mail. Can Mouse Unlimited use it to book my vacation?
    A: Yes!

I've already booked my Disney vacation with Mouse Unlimited, but I just got a PIN Code in the mail/e-mail today. Can it still be applied?
    A: Probably. We will collect your PIN Code and offer details and call Disney ourselves to negotiate the better deal. However, just like if you were calling Disney to do this on a trip you booked yourself, we can't make any guarantees that your existing reservation will qualify or that there will be any rooms left in that specific Discount Block.

In conclusion, I hope that I've cleared up some of the questions you may have about booking a Disney vacation with us. Not only do you get great customer service, quick responses, expert advice, discounts, and the flexibility to plan as much or as little of your vacation as you want.....but you also get CASH BACK through Sunshine Rewards! It's a win-win-win.

If you have any questions, or would like a free no-obligation quote at any time, please do not hesitate to call or e-mail!
    Mouse Unlimited - The Ultimate Disney Travel Agency
    Mouse Unlimited | MU Forum | MU Blog | MU Twitter | MU Facebook

Thanks for the faq... I did assume that it would cost more to use a travel agent instead of doing it myself... thanks for the info... I'll contact you for our next trip.
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

Just wanted to point out that there is at least one other travel agent here on the boards that specializes in Disney vacations...just so people know.

I don't want to hijack the thread or anything, but if it is going to be ok on the board to do this kind of promo...then it should be ok for everyone.
    Last edited by speechteachri; 02-14-2010 at 12:51 AM.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by speechteachri View Post
    Just wanted to point out that there is at least one other travel agent here on the boards that specializes in Disney vacations (Pooh's Pal)...just so people know.

I don't want to hijack the thread or anything, but if it is going to be ok on the board to do this kind of promo...then it should be ok for everyone.
    MouseUnlimited pays a % back on vacations booked through SR so they are allowed to "advertise" their services on here just like other SR merchants. I know you didn't mean to hijack but just wanted to put it out there. It is like the blog promo - you can promote if you do a Chattywoman blog but none of the others.
    Sunshine Rewards

OK...sorry...didn't know that! OOPS!!
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by speechteachri View Post
    OK...sorry...didn't know that! OOPS!!
    No worries. I figured that some people might have missed that announcement. I think it is either a 1% or 2% payout for booking a Disney vacation.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    No worries. I figured that some people might have missed that announcement. I think it is either a 1% or 2% payout for booking a Disney vacation.
    Thanks for getting my back, M 'N C!

You're exactly right. We are currently offering 1% Sunshine Rewards Cash Back on all Disney Vacations including Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line and Adventures By Disney.

We also offer between $1 and $10 back, per ticket, for individually purchased Walt Disney World theme park tickets. This is very handy for DVC members who don't have Annual Passes.

Here's our Sunshine Rewards Coupon Page:
    http://www.sunshinerewards.com/shopping/MouseUnlimited

Mouse Unlimited - The Ultimate Disney Travel Agency
    Mouse Unlimited | MU Forum | MU Blog | MU Twitter | MU Facebook

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Tom worked up our next Disney vacation and has done a great job! He was even able to change my reservations, this wk, so I could use the newest promotion. I haven't used a travel agent, in yrs, but it has been nice letting someone else do the "legwork". Plus, money back thru SR was a great incentive.

Honestly, I don't usually like using a travel agent because I am too much of a control nut with my trips, but the SR cash back with MU was tempting. Tom booked our Christmas trip and was great to work with. He was very patient with my working up the numbers and telling him exactly what I wanted and he booked it just as I asked him too. It didn't cost a cent more and I look forward to seeing my SR credits in my account as a post-trip bonus!!

Tom was great at communicating -- I would have answers to my emails always the same day, usually within hours or less. And he even took very good care to send our trip documents in plain unmarked envelopes so my kids wouldn't suspect anything (our Christmas trip was a surprise).

Thanks for the FAQ, Tom. I am glad to know I can initially book with Disney to get their incentives and transfer the booking over to you for my SR credit too!

Thanks for all the info! I too always thought it would cost more to use a travel agent, but would definitely be willing to consider going this route whenever I decide to schedule another trip (I'm thinking new car might have to come first.)
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards