Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: disney movie club regular prices??

Question disney movie club regular prices??

Hello~wondering how I find out how much the movies are regular priced on the disney movie club? I am trying to 'do the math' and figure out if it's cheaper to get the old movies I want (think Snowball Express, Monkey's Uncle, Barefoot Executive etc..) thru the disney movie club offer or just get them thru amazon.com.
    When browsing their site, I can see the titles, but they don't put the prices up to see. If the movies I want are all 19.99 then it would pay to sign up b/c we can get the movies we want and the cashback bonus here! But if the movies are 24.99 or more then it doesn't really pay, kwim?
    Is there a place to find out how much they are?
    thanks in advance!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Heather
    Dreaming of our next trip......Nov 3-13, 2012!!

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

I checked the price for example...Snowball Express was $12.95, on sale for $8.98.

However, to fulfill your "commitment" you need to purchase X amount of moves at regular club prices above $19.95. When I joined it was 5 movies in 2 years. The regular club prices are on par with store prices not on sale.

But they have many sales where you buy one at club price get one 1/2 off. So you wind up saving in the long run over the 2 years, especially with the SR back.

If it were just comparing one movie, then I'd say find a sale, but if you take advantage of sales and free shipping deals when they offer, then it can be in your favor.

I have Up and Princess and the Frog on the way! Commitment...2 down, 3 to go
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by cglaura View Post
    I checked the price for example...Snowball Express was $12.95, on sale for $8.98.

However, to fulfill your "commitment" you need to purchase X amount of moves at regular club prices above $19.95. When I joined it was 5 movies in 2 years. The regular club prices are on par with store prices not on sale.

But they have many sales where you buy one at club price get one 1/2 off. So you wind up saving in the long run over the 2 years, especially with the SR back.

If it were just comparing one movie, then I'd say find a sale, but if you take advantage of sales and free shipping deals when they offer, then it can be in your favor.

I have Up and Princess and the Frog on the way! Commitment...2 down, 3 to go
    thanks for the reply! This is what I need to know, the regular price of the movies I want. If they are more than 19.99, then it negates the bonus of the 10.00 cashback here, kwim? If the movies I want are always on sale, then it doesn't pay for me to join and be forced to buy movies I don't want to fulfill an obligation. Does that make sense?
    Heather

I think the DMC works best if you have a list of relatively new movies that you want, and you have the ability to buy them as fast as possible.

Now you have to be careful to NOT allow them to tack on any special deals to movies, if you're buying more than one at a time, b/c if it goes under that price, the movie doesn't count. cglaura, since it's been so long since I needed to do it, can you tell me what you clicked on to get the special offers off of your second movie? I remember that there was a way, but when trying to explain it to others, my memory fails. I would really appreciate it if you could describe it to me.

Anyway, momof3lovebugs, you want to get your initial cheapie movies, then buy the 5 at full price quickly. Just about immediately after you fulfill your obligation, you become a VIP. Right now my VIP sale is "buy a blu ray get more blu rays at 60% off". That is a LOVELY deal. And if I remember to go to the "pin store", I can choose a FREE pin to come with my order.

If you *only* have the older obscure movies to buy, I'm not sure it will be worth it to you, especially since I don't think that those older movies will be offered up as the initial free/1 cent set of movies.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    I think the DMC works best if you have a list of relatively new movies that you want, and you have the ability to buy them as fast as possible.

Now you have to be careful to NOT allow them to tack on any special deals to movies, if you're buying more than one at a time, b/c if it goes under that price, the movie doesn't count. cglaura, since it's been so long since I needed to do it, can you tell me what you clicked on to get the special offers off of your second movie? I remember that there was a way, but when trying to explain it to others, my memory fails. I would really appreciate it if you could describe it to me.

Anyway, momof3lovebugs, you want to get your initial cheapie movies, then buy the 5 at full price quickly. Just about immediately after you fulfill your obligation, you become a VIP. Right now my VIP sale is "buy a blu ray get more blu rays at 60% off". That is a LOVELY deal. And if I remember to go to the "pin store", I can choose a FREE pin to come with my order.

If you *only* have the older obscure movies to buy, I'm not sure it will be worth it to you, especially since I don't think that those older movies will be offered up as the initial free/1 cent set of movies.
    Molly-the movies are offered as choices-I did a search to find the ones I am looking for...I also checked amazon to see how much they are there and they are running 12.00-15.50. So when I added up the 4 movies at 2.00/ea, plus the extra one at 15.00, plus the 4 add'l movies at 20.00/ea + the sh/hand for each one if I bought the remaining 4 after I got my first order (did that make sense?) then price would come out to about 12.50 each.
    If the movies I want are only in the sale section then I think I it won't work b/c I would be forced to buy movies I don't really want/need.
    Just as a for example, how much are the latest new releases? like Up? or something else?
    Anyone know? That may make it easier for me to decide....
    Heather

Hey, that's good that those movies are offered!

Right now...princess and frog blu ray combo pack full price is 34.95.

Up (one disc DVD) is 21.95.

Pinocchio platinum edition DVD is 21.95. blu ray combo pack is 31.95.

Prince Caspian is 19.95 for the DVD.

They always have some sort of sale going on, and it's usually "buy one full price get more at x% off". So they always show the full price crossed out then the sale price.

With your initial items, those are less expensive b/c they are older or not well known (I've never heard of them, embarrassed). So those wouldn't help out with fulfilling the obligation, but if you have newer movies that do hit the price barrier, it would work better.

When we were fulfiling the obligation, as I was mentioning in my request to cglaura, there was a way to "turn off" the deals, so I could buy more than one movie at a time withOUT getting a deal. That way, sure, I was paying full price for them, but that also meant less shipipng costs and I was finishing up my obligation faster.
    Sunshine Rewards

OK, I went through our movie collection and surprisingly, we were missing a ton of our Disney movies- either they got lost or scratched, etc. So I ordered 2 days ago. I never rec'd a welcome email tho---hmmmm....how long does this one take to show up as a pend?
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

I just ordered new Princess and Frog regular DVD. It was $21.95 with free shipping and no sales tax.
    Sunshine Rewards

thanks for all the replies....I may hold out on this and see if I can think of any of what would be considered regularly priced movies before doing this....hate to end up paying more just to get the cashback bonus, b/c then it's not saving in the end.
    Heather

showed up as a pend today. I'm excited to have a bunch of new movies to have on hand for our long airplane ride to..............HAWAII! Aloha for us! 39 more days........less than 4 weeks til DH is HOME FROM IRAQ ! OK, just had to share.
    Sunshine RewardsRobin