Thread: Brick Wall!

Default Brick Wall!

I have hit a brick wall with shopping credits and I can't figure out why. Since February, I have made four purchases through SR and not a one of them has credited. I have filed TTs for 3 of them, and if the 4th one doesn't come through this week, I guess I will file one for it too. I don't want to be a pain to the great SR folks by having to always file a TT, but obviously, if SR is due $$, I want them to get it too.

I have been a member for about a year now and up until recently, have only had to file 1 TT, as everything has always credited for me. But all of a sudden, it's like something has happened. To my knowledge, nothing has changed with my computer settings. I am clearing cookies before shopping, shopping quickly, not using other coupon codes, etc etc.

Surveys are crediting perfectly with no problems whatsoever.

I would appreciate any suggestions/thoughts/advice anyone might have!!!

Are you getting the credits after the TT are filed?

If nothing has changed at all with your computer, internet server, browser, upgraded anything including your browsers, or your security settings, or virus protection nothing, has your shopping habits changed. Do you search the net for coupons or visit other sites, downloaded any toolbars even unknowingly or opening up emails from other sites that can sometimes set a cookie overriding ours. There is something interfering, maybe even a firewall on your system?
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Thanks for the reply. All 3 of the TT have been submitted to merchant. (2 awhile back; one just today) For the 2 that were submitted awhile back, I have not received credit.

Of all the things you mention, the only one that might apply is that I periodically download the updates to my security system (Norton). I am also running Spybot S&D which I regularly update also. Shopping habits have not changed, haven't downloaded any toolbars, not searching for coupons, etc. so I wonder if in one of the security updates, something has occured that is blocking the shopping cookie/credits?? Or one other thing I noticed...when I checked the cookie setting, the default setting for my cookies is "medium," so maybe it is possible that it is reverting back to that and I should always keep it on "low" or "accept all?"

And would the cookie settings need to be set differently to credit surveys vs shopping? What I mean is would they need to be set lower for shopping? Because I have been getting credit for surveys with the default medium setting that I discovered it was on.

How would I go about figuring it out?
    Last edited by TxAggies; 04-08-2010 at 02:22 PM. Reason: wanted to add

Well, I am happy to report that a purchase I made through SR yesterday has already showed up as pending! I changed the cookie setting from the default of medium to accept all. Hopefully that was the problem!

Good job, sounds like you figured it out. Actually, 95% of the time when someone doesn't get shopping to credit its because something has changed on their computer or their network. We see very few tracking issues on the part of the merchants. It still does happen, and they are normally aware of the problem pretty quick.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.