Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 SR Member Cruise

Default 2011 SR Member Cruise

Hey Everyone!

Disney has just opened the opportunity to book Groups on 2011 cruises!

We thought it might be a fun idea to organize a 2011 Sunshine Rewards Member Cruise - and it appears that October was a popular month the last time one of these happened.

In October 2011, the 3 and 4-Night Bahamian Cruises are on the brand new ship - the Disney Dream. How cool is that?

As Sunshine Reward's exclusive Disney Travel Agency, we would offer increased cash-back and/or on-board credit to SR members who joined us on this fun adventure.

But first, we need to see how many people might be interested - and what month would work the best for the majority of people.

In order to book a Group Trip, we have to book a minimum of 8 rooms with at least 2 adults per room - and collect a $25 deposit from each party of 2. All room categories qualify.

We'll probably send out an e-mail to all SR members who have expressed interest in Disney Travel - but wanted to start here. Post a reply to this thread if you're at all interested, and if October 2011 would work for you!

Mouse Unlimited - The Ultimate Disney Travel Agency
    Mouse Unlimited | MU Forum | MU Blog | MU Twitter | MU Facebook

I'm interested. However, I most likely would not be able to be definite until I saw what the cost was if I rebooked it on my Disney Cruise in December 2010.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

I would be interested.....3 day in October would be best.
    Jennifer -

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    I'm interested. However, I most likely would not be able to be definite until I saw what the cost was if I rebooked it on my Disney Cruise in December 2010.
    Unfortunately, you probably won't be able to participate in our group. That doesn't mean you can't go on the same cruise, but you wouldn't be in our block or be eligible for any cash back or other incentives we may get. (For $5 we'll tell you which cruise we decide on, hehe - just kidding).

The rules specifically tell me that I can only book NEW, full-fare adult rooms (kids don't count toward the total number of guests required), and that previously booked cruises can't be added to a Group.

Yours would be both previously booked, AND a discounted fare (i.e. not a qualifying full fare).

The way this works is, I have to get at least 16 adults/8 rooms to commit before I even call and hold a group of rooms at $25/each. Then I have 90 days to get all the official legal names and room type selections submitted, or else we forfeit the "Group".

We need to be well past the booking process by December, or there won't be any blocks of rooms left. We have to get this done in the next 2 months, I'd say.

The one positive note is that you don't have to book your bounceback under Dreams Unlimited. You can actually book it under our name while on your Dec 2010 cruise, and then you'd get your cash-back for it. I can tell you how to do that privately once we get closer to your sailing this winter.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Disney is quite inflexible when it comes to Groups - but it's probably because they've been burnt way too many times by agents holding huge blocks and then either not selling them or transferring in cheap fares - so that Disney doesn't end up making any money on the group.

So I guess my florida resident discount wouldn't apply either, correct?
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    So I guess my florida resident discount wouldn't apply either, correct?
    I'm going to collect all of the questions like this that people post here in this thread, and then call and ask the Disney Cruise Line Group reservationists and ask.

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

I'm interested but will need some costing details. October works pretty well for me as a month to sail and I like the idea of a 3 day but could do 4 if that works better for people.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
    I'm interested but will need some costing details. October works pretty well for me as a month to sail and I like the idea of a 3 day but could do 4 if that works better for people.
    October historically has the best rates, and you're past most of the "hurricane" seasons.

This weekend I'll be pricing up some sample trips and listing rates and such on here, and will probably set up a dedicated page for this on our site.

I would be interested in an SR cruise. October 2011 would be perfect and I'd actually need two rooms because I would take the whole family (6 of us). Due to airfare, I'd prefer a 4 night cruise. It makes it a bit more worth it, if that makes sense.

I might be intrested, I would need price info. I would prefer 3 nights and the last week in Oct. Since the kids only have 3 days of school that week.