Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2011 SR Member Cruise

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

Quote Originally Posted by mjjmbnmm View Post
    I might be intrested, I would need price info. I would prefer 3 nights and the last week in Oct. Since the kids only have 3 days of school that week.

You just want to go because you love the spreads and dips on the table at dinner...make sure you watch out for gifts at your door!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by ligrumpygirl View Post
    You just want to go because you love the spreads and dips on the table at dinner...make sure you watch out for gifts at your door!
    This is almost too much information

Apparently, the Disney Cruise Line Group Department doesn't like to work on weekends, so I'll be calling them on Monday to get the low-down on all of this. They've implemented some new rules and better incentives this year, and I want to make sure I have it 100% correct before quoting anything.

I'm working on a dedicated page on the website for this Member Cruise, and will publish the link as soon as I have firm information. It will have a list of prices for certain dates, trip lengths and room categories so that everyone can "vote" for their preference.

Stay tuned....
    Mouse Unlimited - The Ultimate Disney Travel Agency
    Mouse Unlimited | MU Forum | MU Blog | MU Twitter | MU Facebook

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    lol. You got me.

lol. You got me.
    Janet -- I thought she wanted to go because she's perfected her dance routine

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

lol. You got me.
    Ah the memories...
    Sunshine Rewards

I thought she wanted to go because she's perfected her dance routine

Default Update

I spoke with someone at DCL Groups yesterday, after being on hold for 30-minutes, which is typical, I guess.

Before we can even call and put a hold on a block of rooms, I have to collect a $25 non-refundable fee for each person planning on attending. For example, $100 for a 4-person room, $50 for a 2-person.

I have to make this hold with OUR Credit Card, so I need to collect payment from each member planning on sailing via check first.

The block can contain 8-10 rooms, of any occupancy, but we MUST order specific occupancies because rooms are eliminated from the ship's inventory based on the total occupancy of the ship.

It's complicated, but in short, if I hold all 2-person rooms, and then someone decides to take kids later, I may not be able to add 2 people to a room that can actually hold 4 people because the rest of the ship could be at total capacity.

Once I make the initial booking, I have 90 days to collect all of the legal names and Credit Card information. Then I call in and book the rooms and apply each member's full deposit with their CC (just like we do when we book normally). The initial $25/person will be credited to your room. The full deposit amount will be the same as if you were booking a normal cruise (i.e. $200/person for a 3/4-night).

We get our normal commission, plus a small bonus commission if we qualify for the group booking (at least 8 2-adult rooms). With this said, MU will be offering some sort of Cash Back for each booking. We will ALSO be offering an additional gift or incentive - based on popular vote. EDIT: we're currently working on ideas with the SR powers that be!

I'm working on coming up with a chart of prices for a variety of dates and lengths, which I'll post on the site and link to from here.

But again, we can't start the ball rolling on anything until we have 8-10 confirmed parties. If someone backs out later, we lose the Group incentives.
    Last edited by MouseUnlimited; 04-28-2010 at 11:21 PM.

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Wow, they make you work for it don't they? I think you will have more interest once people see dates and prices.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
    Wow, they make you work for it don't they? I think you will have more interest once people see dates and prices.
    Oh yes, Disney does nothing to actually help its Travel Agents. This new "extra" commission is the first time they've actually offered an incentive to book groups, actually.

There's a lot of risk on my shoulders too. I have to enter into an agreement with DCL, and if someone books and then backs out later, I have to re-fill that room or lose the entire incentive package.

Kayla and I plan on going, so there's 1 of the 8-10 rooms. I think it will be a fun time, if we can just convince 7 other people the same :-)

Depending on the dates, chances are pretty good that SR will need at least 1 cabin. If it turns out that the kids are off and we decide to go as a family (we'll have just been on it in June), we'll need 2. If the kids are not off, Cindy and I will probably just stay together.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs