Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2011 SR Member Cruise

Default October 2011 Rates and Dates

I whipped up a quick chart to show base rates for each type of stateroom elligible for a Group Booking. Click here to link directly to the PDF on our website.

It's a little small, so you'll want to zoom in using Acrobat Reader. I put it on 8.5x11 so that everyone could still print it.

Please note that the rates shown are for 2 adults in 1 room, with no insurance or transfers, since those options would vary by personal preference. I listed the add-on rates below, as well as all of the available October 2011 sailings.

I still will need to calculate the SR Cash-Back for each cruise type, and figure out what incentives we can offer for each, but figuring out which sailing to do is priority.

Also note that the Disney Dream has VERY FEW inside Staterooms. You can see where all of the categories are on this PDF of the Disney Dream Deck Plans.

Hopefully this will help people decide if and when they can go. Let the negotiating begin!
    Mouse Unlimited - The Ultimate Disney Travel Agency
    Mouse Unlimited | MU Forum | MU Blog | MU Twitter | MU Facebook

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

There is quite a big leap in price between the 3 and 4 night cruise!
    As far as dates, I should be good for anytime the end of October so anytime after the 13th would likely work.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
    As far as dates, I should be good for anytime the end of October so anytime after the 13th would likely work.
    Yeah, the difference is between $140 and $230/person depending on which stateroom you choose.

And honestly, it's right in line with the base $/night. If you divide each price by the number of nights, they're pretty close between the 3 and 4-night sailings, as far as $/night.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
    Disney prices are ridiculous, too high for me. I just got off an 8 night cruise for half the price!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    Disney prices are ridiculous, too high for me. I just got off an 8 night cruise for half the price!
    Yup, when you compare a Disney cruise price to just about any other cruise line, Disney is often much higher.

Likewise, going to WDW is a lot more money than staying at a Holiday Inn and going to 6 Flags. You get the same thing - a bed and tickets to an amusement park...but at Disney, you get "Disney Magic" and everything that comes with it.

Apples and oranges, really. Really awesome apples, and plain 'ol everyday oranges

Quote Originally Posted by MouseUnlimited View Post
    Yup, when you compare a Disney cruise price to just about any other cruise line, Disney is often much higher.

Likewise, going to WDW is a lot more money than staying at a Holiday Inn and going to 6 Flags. You get the same thing - a bed and tickets to an amusement park...but at Disney, you get "Disney Magic" and everything that comes with it.

Apples and oranges, really. Really awesome apples, and plain 'ol everyday oranges
    I agree with you that Disney is in a class of it's own but my last cruise was in that category of "awesome apples" I got an upgrade to a suite and a personal butler!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Sometimes I have a hard time justifying to SG why we keep taking Disney cruises instead of anything else. It's easy next year because of the Dream. Everyone in our house is anxious to try it. But when were are 60 and on our 40th Disney Cruise, I'll probably have a harder time convincing him to take another one.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Sometimes I have a hard time justifying to SG why we keep taking Disney cruises instead of anything else. It's easy next year because of the Dream. Everyone in our house is anxious to try it. But when were are 60 and on our 40th Disney Cruise, I'll probably have a harder time convincing him to take another one.
    I've only been on one Disney cruise and that was just a couple of months ago and that was with a TA discount otherwise I could not justify spending that much. There are plenty of gorgeous ships out there to experience and I want to try them all at least once in my life! If I had the opportunity to go an another Disney cruise, especially the Dream and their prices were to drop (not likely) I would jump at the chance, no matter what age I am or what anniversary I'll be celebrating (#40 coming in Sept.) I love Disney more than most people I know but I just can't justify the cost when there is so much more out there that is reasonably priced and every bit as much fun. To each, there own I guess.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

I agree with you that Disney is in a class of it's own but my last cruise was in that category of "awesome apples" I got an upgrade to a suite and a personal butler!
    Very nice!

Sounds like fun!

Disney prices are ridiculous,
    True, but worth every penny!!!!!!! I just had a chance to look at your spreadsheet, Tom, and I actually think it's pretty reasonable.

Unfortunately we won't be joining as we are already cruising next year.