Thread: It is Official - going back

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Default It is Official - going back

So my mom and I had booked a package to go to the Tournament of Roses Parade this New Year's. And since I'm going all that way already I may as well throw in a side trip to Disneyland right? So flight is booked to arrive on December 27 and the T of R stuff starts to the 30th so I'll have two and a half days in Disneyland!

Mouse Unlimited is doing up a quote for me right now (Thanks Tom!) I'm feeling spoiled since I'll be in DW in just 24 days!
    Sunshine Rewards

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
    So my mom and I had booked a package to go to the Tournament of Roses Parade this New Year's. And since I'm going all that way already I may as well throw in a side trip to Disneyland right? So flight is booked to arrive on December 27 and the T of R stuff starts to the 30th so I'll have two and a half days in Disneyland!

Mouse Unlimited is doing up a quote for me right now (Thanks Tom!) I'm feeling spoiled since I'll be in DW in just 24 days!
    For the 26 years I've been out here I've only gone to the parade twice; my first year and probably around Year 15. It makes for a very early morning and a very tiring day, but LOTS of fun! Make sure you get to view the floats close up either when they're putting them together or after the parade!

And DLR is just a short freeway drive away..... Maybe there'd be a club you'd like to go, too!!
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

It has been my mom's dream for most of her life to attend so it should be worth the early morning. We've booked tickets so that we have a seat and a tour of the float barns. Not sure if that is before or after the parade.

And there might be!
    Sunshine Rewards

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

The trip to the barns will be before the parade, watching them put the flowers on the floats. It really is something else to watch that and then to see the same floats come down Colorado Blvd.

Be prepared for chilly morning weather (layered clothing) but by 10:00 - the end of the parade - it will probably be gorgeous out!

Where ya staying?
    Dude

Quote Originally Posted by m4travels View Post
    Be prepared for chilly morning weather (layered clothing) but by 10:00 - the end of the parade - it will probably be gorgeous out!

Where ya staying?
    Chilly I can do, I just hope we don't get any once in a blue moon rain.

We have three nights booked at the Hilton near Universal. Haven't booked the Disney stay yet but am leaning towards the Hojo's since I don't have any DVC points left (borrowed them all for my June trip...really want to buy more!)
    Sunshine Rewards

Chilly I can do, I just hope we don't get any once in a blue moon rain.

We have three nights booked at the Hilton near Universal. Haven't booked the Disney stay yet but am leaning towards the Hojo's since I don't have any DVC points left (borrowed them all for my June trip...really want to buy more!)
    Oh, man, the Hilton is just sort of down the street. Too bad we won't be here anymore!!!

We really like Hojos. I see they don't have the Entertainment Rate listed yet BUT they were pretty fast and loose with it last year in December! Maybe you'll get lucky and snag a deal like that!

Regarding the rain: I've been told there won't be any this year!

M
    Dude

I can't believe you are moving to Mexico - I hope all goes well with the move! Really too bad that you won't be there any more but I'm sure you will be having a fab time in your new digs.

I am hoping for an entertainment rate but even without it the prices I'm seeing online aren't too bad. Of course I may end up buying more points in June so we'll see...

Have I mentioned that I really need to win the lottery?
    Sunshine Rewards

And I haven't heard back from you since May 13. Was worried my or your emails ended up in Spam World somewhere
    Mouse Unlimited - The Ultimate Disney Travel Agency
    Mouse Unlimited | MU Forum | MU Blog | MU Twitter | MU Facebook