Thread: Settings

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Default Settings

So I just got my new Dell laptop up and running and it is on Windows 7 with IE 8 and I installed the latest Firefox. What settings do I need to check on my laptop to make sure it is SR compatible? I know something is off because my test credit didn't go through.
    Sunshine Rewards

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Did it come w/ McAfee to be preinstalled (Ra's did years ago, and I think I remember seeing it when I go window shopping on Dell .... you know ... lets see how much this configuration would be! shopping? Like that Alienware mega laptop cost more than my 1st car )

She had a setting to autoclear cookies and all sorts of blocks within the McAfee interface. If yours came with that, maybe poke around in there?

Does Windows 7 have any advanced firewall settings? Did you get a new router or anything too that might have any blocks?

Maybe check the blocked list in IE8 to make sure it wasn't autopopulated at installation?
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Here's my thread from December when I got my new computer.

http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/...hlight=windows

The only thing I needed to check was the cookie settings in IE8. I did have Norton come preinstalled and had to live with that for a few weeks till my brother could come uninstall that and put my ESET/Nod32 antivirus on there at Christmas. I just checked my Control Panel and I do NOT see anything with firewalls that is an issue for me. The default setting on mine is on and I haven't changed that. Maybe my brother did, but I still generally have things credit ok.

Is there any chance the test credit was one fo the more stubborn credits?

I have an HP desktop, not a laptop, so I'm sorry I can't be mroe help. Enjoy the new laptop!
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I immediately uninstalled McAfee since it was just a trial version and downloaded AVG Free.

My "test" credit was for the MyView survey since it usually credits within 10 minutes of completion. I'll check out the firewall settings and AVG settings this afternoon since I have to go to work. LOL
    Sunshine Rewards

Did you figure it out? I have a Dell Inspiron Mini Laptop but it has Windows XP so I don't think my setting will help you.

If you think it will......send me a PM and tell me where to look and I can tell you what the settings are. I do okay with the tech stuff of the computer.....I just need to know what you are looking for.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kathie View Post
    Did you figure it out? I have a Dell Inspiron Mini Laptop but it has Windows XP so I don't think my setting will help you.

If you think it will......send me a PM and tell me where to look and I can tell you what the settings are. I do okay with the tech stuff of the computer.....I just need to know what you are looking for.
    Welcome back!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Well the only thing I've done since I posted this was the Levi's freebie offer and it did credit. I did go into Firefox and change the privacy setting to custom and that brought up the accept cookies and such options. Not sure if that did it or not. I'll be trying surveys again this morning.
    Sunshine Rewards