Thread: Pregnant at Disney?

Default Pregnant at Disney?

I will be about 34 weeks pregnant when we go to Disney in the middle of August This trip includes my extended family, and was scheduled long before we found out about this SURPRISE miracle baby otherwise we would have definitely rescheduled. As it starts to get closer (and I get bigger!!) I'm getting more and more nervous about it. Does anyone have any experience with being pregnant while at Disney?? I've been reading all I can online about tips and such, but since I trust you guys much more than your average poster, I wanted to ask here - thanks for any advice!!
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

Wow!!! I must have missed that announcement. I didn't know!!! Congratulations on your little miracle baby.

Well, I've definitely been pregnant a lot of times but never on vacation (created on one, though. LOL).

I would suggest comfortable shoes, lots of water, crackers and mints. Clean face towels so if you get too hot you could wet one and dab here and there. That's about all I can think of. HTH's and if I think of anything else I'll post it.

Again, congrats!!
    Sunshine Rewards

I was 31 weeks with Cassie, but it was in the winter, so it was not as bad. Basically you are just going to be restricted on some of the rides (including the safari--depending on whether you are afraid of the bumps). You'll also have to be REALLY careful about staying hydrated because you'll be swelling up from the heat as it is. Other than that, it's really not all that much different. You'll still walk too much and eat too much and be tired at the end of the day.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Like Lisa, I have been pregnant many times

And I've been to Disney a lot, so of course the two have collided. The first time I went I was about 8 weeks pregnant, so that's not much help.

The other time I was about 6 months pregnant, but it was in the spring - so again, not the same situation.

But we did start going in the early fall/late summer a few years ago, it is hot and humid. But the crowds are lower so that can help a lot since you can have a slower pace.

I would just stress to take it slow, stay hydrated, plan on taking mid-day breaks, of course you will want to avoid all "thrill rides" and stick to the milder stuff. Have a great time and CONGRATS on the upcoming birth of your miracle baby!!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Awwww....just wanted to say congrats on your pregnancy! It might sound weird, but I always thought it was magical looking at the pregnant women at Disney. Just drink LOTS of water to keep your pregnant body hydrated! And again! Congratulations!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

ME! ME! ME!! Been there...done that! In the same pregnancy, I went at about 15 weeks or so in April and then 6.5 months pregnant in July. It was HOT to say the least. But we had my parents with us (we had planned the trip as a THANK YOU for all the help they have given us over the years) so it was a bit easier. They were able to take DD when I got too hot to walk anymore or I had somebody to sit with when DH took DD somewhere.

There was LOTS of sitting on that trip...people watching is fun...and lots of water! The other good thing is Mickey bars - who can say no to a hot, pregnant mommy??

Another thing that helped A LOT was something cold for my neck. We took some washclothes from home and one of those neck things that you can make cold with water. It helped so much to stop every little while to make it cold in a water fountain. Even kept one in cold in our cooler while I wore the other one!

If you have other little ones, bring bottled water with you in the stroller - as you know it adds up at the park!
    Sunshine Rewards

DD19 went when she was 35 weeks with DGS10 months. I was with her because I was so afraid something would happen and she'd go into labor (she and her brother were both born at 36 weeks!). We were just very careful for her to not ride anything rough and that no one bumped into her since grace isn't a trait of pregnant women I made sure she sat a lot, drank a lot, and I asked her WAY too much if she was ok--ALOT!!! It got to be when I looked at her she would just say "YES I"M FINE!!"

Congrats on your new little one!
    Sunshine Rewards

Graduate of the College of Disney Knowledge