Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to have my ONE table service....

Quote Originally Posted by momof3lovebugs View Post
    Oooh! now that is an idea....since we won't be going into the parks our d day. How is the food? Is it very ethnic and spicy? My family does not do either. I am the ONLY adventurous one in the lot.
    Well, if scrambled eggs, Mickey waffles, bacon and sausage are too exotic for you, then I would skip it.

It is not "exotic" at all! They do have some "ethnic" varieties, like eggs scrambled with spinach and goat cheese, but for the most part, it is basic breakfast fare. They have french toast that is TO DIE FOR!! It is made with a thick-cut raisin bread that has both purple and yellow raisins in it. Oh, my mouth waters just thinking about it! They also have ham(?) at the carving station for breakfast and a made-to-order omelette station too. Then there's the fresh fruit, pastries, cold cereal and oatmeal section as well. It is a very substantial buffet and nobody will leave hungry. They also serve a beverage called "Frunch". It is a blend of three fruit juices and I have no idea which ones...orange/mango/pineapple maybe? I don't know, but it is good. My kids are the pickiest eaters and they absolutely love Boma.

If you have time on your departure day, I think that a trip to the AKL would be a great idea. You can see the animals from the savannas, hang out in the fabulous lobby and load up on a great breakfast at Boma. I love just chilling out on our last day there and really taking it all in before we have to head back to reality.
    Last edited by kristenrice; 06-02-2010 at 04:19 PM.

my family tried the tusker house breakfast last june, and LOVED it! the service was wonderful, the food was delicious, and the character interaction (mickey, goofy, donald and daisy in safari gear) was great!
    we also love biergarten. the atmosphere is fun and my daughter loves the live band-they encourage anyone who wants to come down and dance. the food is also yummy (especially the pork schnitzel)!

Thanks for all the suggestions! I will have to do some research!!!! Right now I am leaning toward Ohana and maybe Boma. Is Boma at AKL? My concern with that is that I use Disney bussing, and not sure how convenient that will be.

Any DTD options???? I am pretty bad about knowing which restaraunt is where....

My kids - especially the oldest LOVES the buffets or all you can eat. So Ohana and Boma would be good options.

Where is Tusker House?
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by kristenrice View Post
    Well, if scrambled eggs, Mickey waffles, bacon and sausage are too exotic for you, then I would skip it.

It is not "exotic" at all! They do have some "ethnic" varieties, like eggs scrambled with spinach and goat cheese, but for the most part, it is basic breakfast fare. They have french toast that is TO DIE FOR!! It is made with a thick-cut raisin bread that has both purple and yellow raisins in it. Oh, my mouth waters just thinking about it! They also have ham(?) at the carving station for breakfast and a made-to-order omelette station too. Then there's the fresh fruit, pastries, cold cereal and oatmeal section as well. It is a very substantial buffet and nobody will leave hungry. They also serve a beverage called "Frunch". It is a blend of three fruit juices and I have no idea which ones...orange/mango/pineapple maybe? I don't know, but it is good. My kids are the pickiest eaters and they absolutely love Boma.

If you have time on your departure day, I think that a trip to the AKL would be a great idea. You can see the animals from the savannas, hang out in the fabulous lobby and load up on a great breakfast at Boma. I love just chilling out on our last day there and really taking it all in before we have to head back to reality.
    We are actually STAYING at AKL!!! This would be the perfect sendoff!! thanks for the great suggestion!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Heather
    Dreaming of our next trip......Nov 3-13, 2012!!

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I will have to do some research!!!! Right now I am leaning toward Ohana and maybe Boma. Is Boma at AKL? My concern with that is that I use Disney bussing, and not sure how convenient that will be.

My kids - especially the oldest LOVES the buffets or all you can eat. So Ohana and Boma would be good options.

Where is Tusker House?
    It's at Animal Kingdom.
    What about Yak n Yeti-it's at AK, and it's owned by the rainforest cafe, so you could get landy's gift cards through SR, and eat there for "free."
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Where is Tusker House?
    Tusker House is at AK, and we were quite surprised and delighted with the variety and amount of food offered on the buffet. they even had bread and a toaster to make toast! lol

Where is Tusker House?
    For Ohana the easiest thing to do would be to take the bus to Magic Kingdom, then take the monorail to the Poly.

For Boma, take the bus to Animal Kingdom, then another bus from there to Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I've heard suggestions that you should leave your resort one hour before your reservation time when using the buses. That's what we (try) to do - but you know, four people, vacation, getting ready in one room...
    ShanPooh

Sunshine Rewards Member #6059

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

We are just back, did 9 sit down dinners (we were on the dining plan, first time). We had kids 17, 15, 12 and 2. We tried a lot of different spots and hands down our favorite was Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge. Great food and lots of fun. We did Boma and that was well liked, Chef Mickey is a favorite, Sci Fi Diner was different. The only place we didn't care for was the Mexican restaurant, at Epcot. It used to be a favorite but has changed too much.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

We love going to Biergarten. It is an all you can eat meat and potatoes type place so your boys would love it. They also have a German band that plays while you eat at night.
    Sunshine Rewards

We love the Cape May Cafe breakfast! It's our favorite breakfast when we're not with little ones. (For that, it's now H& V!)

For lunch and dinner, we love Coral Reef, Rainforest Cafe, TRex, and House of Blues. All four of those have great atmosphere, awesome food, and great service. It's always soooo hard for us to choose between all of these!
    Sunshine Rewards

Graduate of the College of Disney Knowledge