Thread: Disney Gift Card

Default Disney Gift Card

I was trying to reserve a room at the Disneyland Hotel for Saturday Night and tried to use my Disney Gift Card and they told me that I could not use a gift card to pay for my reservation. Now I have never done this, so I couldn't say she was wrong but I thought that I had read of people using gift cards to pay for their rooms. Am I wrong or was she??

I'm thinking of calling back and trying to work with a new reservationist!!
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Call back and get a different CM. I have used Disney Gift Cards to pay for my reservations many times before both through Disney and through a TA. It is a regular Disney gift card right and not an electronic one to the Disney Store? There are some gift cards that are electronic and can only be used at the Disney Store but the regular Disney Gift Cards can be used.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks Janet - that's what I thought but I couldn't argue with her - I had to go pick up my daughter from school and was running late.

It's a regular gift card - it's one I received from here.
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

I just used 3/4 of all my Disney gift cards that I earned on here to pay towards my Disney World res. through Disney directly. They definitely DO take them for reservations...

Have a great trip!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

I agree with everyone else. I have used many gift cards to pay for our trips to Disney World.

Have a wonderful trip!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Thanks - it's not really a "trip" - we are only 40 minutes away from Disneyland and are Annual Passholders. DH got invited to the premiere of World of Color at California Adventure on Saturday and our passes are good on Sunday, so we thought we would stay overnight. Especially since I have the gift card and it's looking really good that I will be able to get another $500 gift card by the end of the month - I am planning on using it to pay for our passes as they expire in August.
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Maybe part of your reservation has to be secured by Credit Card in case of damages or something? I know that in the past I've usually put the deposit on a Credit Card and then paid the balance off by gift cards.
    Sunshine Rewards

I'd try again, but if they don't let you, just chalk it up to the difference between Disneyland and Disneyworld. I just paid our room-only deposit at WDW with part of my last cashout, but if Disneyland said they couldn't take it, then they probably just can't.

I just went through a fake booking online, and there's not even a spot for the GC; with WDW there was.
    Sunshine Rewards

It may be different for Disneyland as someone else mentioned. That's strange huh?

Maybe you can give a deposit with your CC and then pay the balance with a Disney gift card when you check out.

Hope you get it figured out.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I called again this morning and was told again that they don't take Gift cards as deposits. But was told that I could put it on my credit card and then when I check in have them reverse the charges and pay for it with my gift card. I didn't want to take the chance without talking to DH first - well he suggested I call the front desk at Disneyland Hotel and confirm, so he found me the # and I called and they will reverse the charges and apply my gift card when I check in.

So, it is different at Disneyland versus Disney World! I've made my reservations and looks like we're heading to DL tomorrow for the weekend!
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187