Thread: posting on disboards

Default posting on disboards

I hope this does not break any rules. but I just read this on the disboads and it is just so funny I had to share it here.

this was posted by "zulemara", apparently a CM at WDW.

There's a gator in the lake...and the castle's on fire!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just have to share this with all of you. The highlight of my day yesterday was seeing a gator in the lake on the north side of discovery island. I was sure to point it out to the guests on the boat.

That was until....

10pm, fireworks are going off as usual, I'm deckhand on the Fowler, unloading at the TTC. All of a sudden, there's no more fireworks. What on earth is going on? I go up to the TTC and talk to the guests standing there. They say the audio just cut out and everything stopped. Well that's odd, we're only 9 minutes into the show!

I return to MK and hear announcements in the park that the fireworks are delayed due to extenuating circumstances.

10 minutes later, the music starts up and the fireworks continue where they left off.

It turns out...get this...during the pirates storming the castle scene, where the castle appears to be getting bombed, a guest called 911 reporting a fire on the castle because he/she saw smoke!!

Way to kill the fireworks for literally 50k people.

So please, don't call 911, it's a special effect. Disney messes up a lot of things, but they don't screw around with fireworks.

Just had to share
    Disney Myspace GraphicsSunshine Rewards

pretty funny!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Heather
    Dreaming of our next trip......Nov 3-13, 2012!!

Haha! I'm sure the person thought they were being a hero, but I have enough faith in Disney that if they set the castle on fire they would be aware of it themselves, and I wouldn't have to call it in

Too funny! It wasn't me that called.
    Sunshine Rewards

Graduate of the College of Disney Knowledge

Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

LOL...thanks for the laugh!
    TTFN, Marianne
    Sunshine Rewards
    DD17 DS11 1/2
    My brother Tom (September 26, 1965 - December 4, 2007) always in our hearts. We miss you Tommy!
    I miss you Mom! September 20, 1931 - October 3, 2011

Will the pain ever go away? We still miss you every day!