Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: People who join and then just disappear...

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    it was the SR people who truly went throught the divorce with me. (Jen, Janet, Traci mostly...and Carrie, Lisa, Carla and some others were wonderful too!)

SR is an wonderful community. Take it from me who has been one of the beginning SR members! I have earned a good amount and have met - both physically and not - some wonderful people.
    First, sending cyber hugs your way my dear...

Second, I agree, SR is a wonderful community!

Third, I have been MIA from SR in the last year because I started my own website & blog (for my dogs) & that can be a lot of work! I don't know how Tricia maintains as many sites as she does when I can't even get a new blog post up each week at times!!

This year, I started a part-time at home job where I'm on the computer the entire time....it's all web-based. Which is nice, but after being at my FT job to come home to the PT job & then poof! The day is over & I spent the majority of it on the computer. Thankfully (& unthankfully) I'm not on FB, so I don't get to keep track of my SR friends on there either!

I have tried to make a point to come visit the forums lately though & see what's new...so Cindy's right...I'm one of those that is reading...just not posting (much). I do miss so many of what we're calling the "old regulars" too, but I think like others have said, w/FB people do a lot of their communication via that now...I've seen the same thing happen on a bully forum I frequent too.

Oh but I AM on Twitter, so I am able to keep up on some of you via that!

Anyway, wanted to stop being a reader/stalker & say hello & I miss you all & hope all of you are doing GREAT!!!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    Not everyone here is looking for a new BFF, but many of the members have made some great long distance friendships and have fun seeing how others across the country from them live and so on.
    Yep!

Glad to see a lot of the "old regulars" coming out of the woodwork in this thread too!

Quote Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
    As some have said, I think life just gets in the way. And Facebook has pulled a few of us away (oyvey my crops might be ready lol).
    We did try and get a regular chat schedule going but it is hard to work around all the activities people get involved in. I still enjoy coming to the forum and seeing what is going on.
    Absolutely agree, Megan! So much to do, so little time.

And don't forget about those SEVEN DAILY SURVEYS that are taking up all of our time now!

Quote Originally Posted by 3dog2kidmom View Post
    And don't forget about those SEVEN DAILY SURVEYS that are taking up all of our time now!
    I do wonder if I might be keeping you all too busy these days. LOL
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    Well...I used to be one of the very active members. I am trying to get back in it. It has NOTHING to do with SR. Just personal life! Divorce, divorce divorce! LOL.... And shame on me! Because it was the SR people who truly went throught the divorce with me. (Jen, Janet, Traci mostly...and Carrie, Lisa, Carla and some others were wonderful too!) I think between trying to figure out where to live, where to find a job, dealing with (and still dealing with) a riduculous X, trying to date, and mostly depression you forget some of the people who were going through it with you...To all of you, I am sorry. I believe I lost some precious friends here on SR because of my self absorbness.... You know who you are, and if you read this, you truly helped me get through hell....

Anyway...I am trying to get back. I have noticed MANY people are not on here that used to be. I was quite surprised and saddened.

SR is an wonderful community. Take it from me who has been one of the beginning SR members! I have earned a good amount and have met - both physically and not - some wonderful people.
    Angela....Hugs!! Glad to see you around, and I really enjoyed your trip report!

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post
    I don't think anyone would think you were self-absorbed, you were dealing with SO much

I did miss "seeing" you around and often wondered how you were doing. I was so thrilled when you came back to the forums and everything was going better. I especially was happy to see your TR, it made it feel like the "old" SR forums that I miss!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    I'm with Carrie, no one would think that!!! You have to do what you have to do to survive and we are so glad that you did/will.

You were definitely missed as you brought so much sunshine to SR! I am so happy to see you posting again. See you've already brightened up my rainy day!
    What Carrie and Lisa said!!

Quote Originally Posted by HollyD View Post
    I know I never posted on here but I know my activity on Sunshine was greatly reduced when I went from being a stay at home mom to working full time with a 3 hour commute. We've moved about 5 minutes away now so I hope to get back in the swing of things since my dd20 just told us she will be having a Disney Wedding at the Swan next June
    The same thing happened to me when I started working more. I think I really noticed the chnges more during the summer when I was home more. You will have to keep us all filled in on the datails!

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    First, sending cyber hugs your way my dear...

Second, I agree, SR is a wonderful community!

Third, I have been MIA from SR in the last year because I started my own website & blog (for my dogs) & that can be a lot of work! I don't know how Tricia maintains as many sites as she does when I can't even get a new blog post up each week at times!!

This year, I started a part-time at home job where I'm on the computer the entire time....it's all web-based. Which is nice, but after being at my FT job to come home to the PT job & then poof! The day is over & I spent the majority of it on the computer. Thankfully (& unthankfully) I'm not on FB, so I don't get to keep track of my SR friends on there either!

I have tried to make a point to come visit the forums lately though & see what's new...so Cindy's right...I'm one of those that is reading...just not posting (much). I do miss so many of what we're calling the "old regulars" too, but I think like others have said, w/FB people do a lot of their communication via that now...I've seen the same thing happen on a bully forum I frequent too.

Oh but I AM on Twitter, so I am able to keep up on some of you via that!

Anyway, wanted to stop being a reader/stalker & say hello & I miss you all & hope all of you are doing GREAT!!!!
    Great to "see" you Jen. Glad that your other pursuits are thriving!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    Not everyone here is looking for a new BFF, but many of the members have made some great long distance friendships and have fun seeing how others across the country from them live .
    Awww...totally missed this comment (thanks for copying it Shelly!)! I have to agree with it completely too!! I mean, you all missed this year's Minnesota State Fair...but 2011 is just around the corner!! SR Meet up??

Quote Originally Posted by speechteachri View Post
    Great to "see" you Jen. Glad that your other pursuits are thriving!!
    Thank you! It's been fun! What's exciting to see is how the panty business is taking off! (Oh come on Lisa...I know you're ready to comment on this one now!!)
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Awww...totally missed this comment (thanks for copying it Shelly!)! I have to agree with it completely too!! I mean, you all missed this year's Minnesota State Fair...but 2011 is just around the corner!! SR Meet up??
    You're . And I can attest to the fact that the fair is spectacular!!

Thank you! It's been fun! What's exciting to see is how the panty business is taking off! (Oh come on Lisa...I know you're ready to comment on this one now!!)
    Eerr, here I am...LOL. And yes, Tricia has really picked up on the availability of booty goods around here. I did buy something from one of the merchants and I must say DH was all over it. LOL. That merchant gets 5 sunshines.

Okay, back to the original post. LOL. Glad to see you here and you have really been missed. The girls often ask about you.

I agree with Cindy, some friendships are everlasting.
    Sunshine Rewards

Guess I can't possibly quote all the posts I was glad to see, but it was fun to see posts from people I've been wondering about - so good to see that you're all still here!

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I do wonder if I might be keeping you all too busy these days. LOL
    LOL - that IS a big part of it for me. By the time I get home from work, feed the animals, have some dinner, and get ready for the next day, it seems like there's not much time for computer before bed. And when I have to choose how to spend it, I have tried for more surveys!!!

Jeanne - happily residing in Wisconsin Badger country

I used to come and post all of the time, but I have been sooooo busy with three kids that are active in sports and other activities it becomes very hard. I try to pop in and remotivate myself to take the surveys and such but sometimes it is tooooo hard! I will try to better!!
    Sunshine Rewards