Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Durable Luggage

Default Need Durable Luggage

Tired of buying luggage. Seems like every time we fly at least one of us comes home with destroyed luggage. *sigh* Any recommendations for tough luggage that won't break the bank?
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2aPrincess View Post
    Tired of buying luggage. Seems like every time we fly at least one of us comes home with destroyed luggage. *sigh* Any recommendations for tough luggage that won't break the bank?
    Hi there, haven't seen you around here in a long time, welcome back! As for luggage, I like the Atlantic and usually get mine at Macy's when they have really good discounts and also with a percentage off coupon too. They seem to last forever. Just make sure you get a higher denier fabric, the higher the denier, the more durable the fabric will be. I look for something with at least 1800 denier or more. I like the ballistic fabric and I make sure the corners of the luggage are reinforced with hard plastic. I also look for the manufacturers warranty, the longer the warranty the better quality it is, look for at least a 10 year warranty. My next luggage is also going to have the swivel wheels, much easier to maneuver especially if you are carrying more than one item. I know luggage is expensive but it is worth investing in good ones because they will last for more than one trip!! Good Luck!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    Hi there, haven't seen you around here in a long time, welcome back! As for luggage, I like the Atlantic and usually get mine at Macy's when they have really good discounts and also with a percentage off coupon too. They seem to last forever. Just make sure you get a higher denier fabric, the higher the denier, the more durable the fabric will be. I look for something with at least 1800 denier or more. I like the ballistic fabric and I make sure the corners of the luggage are reinforced with hard plastic. I also look for the manufacturers warranty, the longer the warranty the better quality it is, look for at least a 10 year warranty. My next luggage is also going to have the swivel wheels, much easier to maneuver especially if you are carrying more than one item. I know luggage is expensive but it is worth investing in good ones because they will last for more than one trip!! Good Luck!
    I just upgraded my luggage a few months ago. I got lightweight luggage with the spinner wheels-OMG they are the greatest thing ever. My luggage is Samonsite, bu my old suitcase was Atlantic and still going strong.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

We bought new Samsonite luggage for our trip in May and I really like it. I hadn't heard of the spinner wheels until Cindy mentioned it when I was searching for luggage. I would never buy luggage without the spinner wheels- they are awesome!! If you have a chance to shop at a store that sells luggage, try out both types and see what you think. The luggage really made the airport time easier.

I bought ours from Kohl's and was happy with the prices. They often have luggage on sale and if you have a card with them, you can use one of the monthly % off codes too. I'm sure that they have the whole set deals as well as the individual pieces. We opted for individual pieces as there are always pieces we don't use in the sets. I really like the 21" carryon bags- they were perfect.

Good luck as there are a lot of choices out there!
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I use Atlantic luggage too. I got a set for my college graduation that was part of their light-weight line and it has held up well. For carry-ons I recommend my DVF bag I got from bagsbuy.com. It is fashionable and holds a lot of crap.
    Sunshine Rewards

Kimberly, here's an old thread that might give you some ideas as well

http://sunshinerewardsforum.com/show...hlight=luggage
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks for all the great advice....going to browse around and start getting some ideas now. Planning to buy a few pieces each month from now to Christmas and that's what Santa is bringing this year....
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Good post to read through. We buy our luggage at the Rick Steves travel store in WA b/c it's all carryon sized and that works for us (even when we don't carry it on), BUT that's not going to work well for an 18 day trip to Orlando! We need at least one big to-be-checked suitcase...
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    Good post to read through. We buy our luggage at the Rick Steves travel store in WA b/c it's all carryon sized and that works for us (even when we don't carry it on), BUT that's not going to work well for an 18 day trip to Orlando! We need at least one big to-be-checked suitcase...
    We never do only carry on's...3 of us will take 6 suitcases and a carry on each (so 9 suitcases) every time we travel it seems...no matter what goals i set at the beginning to pack light, it never works out
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

I'm looking also and want something light weight. The big suitcase that I have nice is easy to pull around but weighs about 20 pounds before I even put anything in it. If I fill it the whole way, it ALWAYS goes over 50 pounds. No good having a big suitcase if you can't fill it because you go over the weight restrictions.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs