Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Downgrading to a Value-will I be disappointed?

Default Downgrading to a Value-will I be disappointed?

I've only stayed at WDW mods-POR/DL 4 times, and my first stay at POFQ this week. My brother and SIL, and other brother and SIL, are taking my nephews next August, and I think I may make a cameo appearance. There's a bounceback going on right now, so I'm trying to pick out where i want to stay. As WDW won't be my main trip next year, I'm thinking about staying at POP-it seems to be the most popular mod, plus they're most likely staying at AKV, so it'd be closish. Will I really feel like I'm downgrading my staying at POP?
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Depends - do you hang out at the resort or just sleep? Do you like huge decorations or no? I love staying at the values. I love the theming and the tacky decorations all over the place. I couldn't imagine staying somewhere more resortish while I'm at disney.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Depends - do you hang out at the resort or just sleep? Do you like huge decorations or no? I love staying at the values. I love the theming and the tacky decorations all over the place. I couldn't imagine staying somewhere more resortish while I'm at disney.
    I agree, I love feeling like I'm at Disney 24/7. I like the availability of the food courts for the kids, the large pools with life vests, the larger than life icons. To me it's very fun and family oriented and it's something I can't get outside of Disney.
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post
    I agree, I love feeling like I'm at Disney 24/7. I like the availability of the food courts for the kids, the large pools with life vests, the larger than life icons. To me it's very fun and family oriented and it's something I can't get outside of Disney.
    Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    That's what I think-I know what I'm getting into, plus I'll be busy with the nephews.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    That's what I think-I know what I'm getting into, plus I'll be busy with the nephews.
    I will be interested to hear which ones the nephews prefer. My boys LOVE all stars sports and movies much more than any of the nice hotels we have stayed at. They just love the theming and the laid back feel.
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post
    I will be interested to hear which ones the nephews prefer. My boys LOVE all stars sports and movies much more than any of the nice hotels we have stayed at. They just love the theming and the laid back feel.
    Oh, they;ll be at AKV or BCV with their parents and aunt and uncle. It'll just be Auntie Heather at Pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    Oh, they;ll be at AKV or BCV with their parents and aunt and uncle. It'll just be Auntie Heather at Pop.
    Oh, I thought that they would be coming over to visit with you That sounds like a lot of fun, getting to see the nephews at WDW but not necessarily staying with them at WDW

You'll have to give us a report when you get back!!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

I don't think you'll be disappointed, especially at Pop. I love that resort. But, as others have said, you should know what to expect. Personally, DH and I don't use a lot of resort amenities, so it would be a waste of money for us to go to a mod or deluxe resort. We usually use the pool, which is great at POP. And they have the best food court. It is huge and they have a great selection of food.

On the other hand, DH and I spend a lot of time at Downtown Disney. And you can't beat the boat at POR and POFQ that takes right to DTD. Great access and a nice relaxing ride(much better than a bus).

Also - be prepared if you are going to be taking the buses - the lines can get really long first thing in the morning. Though the lines at POR last month were pretty bad at times too.

I have stayed at Pop - definitely not my favorite but for an extra trip to WDW, I'd stay there.

Have fun.
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

I don't think you'd be downgrading your stay at all. Our last trip we stayed at SSR for the first 3 nights and then All Star Sports for the last night and loved both of them. It was two totally different Disney experiences but both were really cool. I think your nephews will love being able to come visit and experience a totally different place with lots of theming.
    (4) (3) (2)
    Us: "Where do you guys want to go for dinner tonight?"
    Kids: "Disney World"
    Sunshine Rewards