Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Insurance credit check

Default Insurance credit check

Just FYI the new Insurance.com offer tells you on the last screen that they run a credit check. Just thought I would let people know incase you don't want to have your credit run
    Kari

Sunshine Rewards

Interesting. That must be why it pays out just a little bit more than Esurance, which the advertiser says SSN is optional.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

SSN is optional on insurance.com, too. Which I did not provide and still got credit. It is my understanding they they cannot run a credit check without it... am I wrong? Oops!

Quote Originally Posted by 3dog2kidmom View Post
    SSN is optional on insurance.com, too. Which I did not provide and still got credit. It is my understanding they they cannot run a credit check without it... am I wrong? Oops!
    Hmm, you are right, SSN was optional on this one too. I don't know if they can run your credit without SSN.
    Kari

Sunshine Rewards

Kari, where are you from in WI? We love the Dells and also Door County!!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I also declined to put in my ssn and I still got to the next page with quotes and received credit this morning. It is definetly optional. I hope this helps yall.
    Sunshine Rewards

Ok I just tried Insurence.com one and did life insurence something I want to buy anyways and they did not ask for my SSN Am I missing something ? Did I not do the offer right did we have to do Auto ?

How long dose this one take to get credit cause I know I will be on pins and neddles now till it credits for me !

Thanks everyone

Sarah
    Sarah~Mama to David, Emma, Ashlynn-grace and Peyton Alise 10-4-07Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding TickerSunshine Rewards

Shelly,
    I live between Madison and Milwaukee. We are about 30 minutes from Madison and 45 minutes from Milwaukee. My kids love the Dells, we try to go at least once a year. It is only an 80 minute drive, so it is easy to do on a weekend. I also love Door County but we haven't been up there for several years.
    Kari

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mom2dea View Post
    How long dose this one take to get credit cause I know I will be on pins and neddles now till it credits for me !

Thanks everyone

Sarah
    I'm interested in this info too. I just did it this morning without SSN.
    Thanks!! Linda
    Sunshine Rewards

I just started doing the esurance offer and it also states that they do a credit check. And it's not just a matter of giving out your SSN. If you do more than one (I think) credit check per year, it brings your credit score down.....but you all probably knew that already!

We are in the middle of refinancing our mortgage and just had a credit check done. My husband is very proud of our credit rating....so I guess I won't be doing either of the insurance offers. BUMMER!