Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Walk Around the World" bricks available!

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Just wanted to update for those that were thinking of getting a brick...the thread on DIS is now stating (as of this morning) the brick program closed on 05/25 & for those that sent in after & have a pending charge, it will be refunded.

Great...that would be me. Someone even posted getting paperwork, but then called on it & they told her that was a mistake & that she didn't get a brick!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, at least I tried.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Oh, man! Wonder why it closed so fast? Do you think they sold out of all of the bricks??
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

According to the last couple posts there were only 70 bricks available...not 20,000 as the earlier posts stated. Yesterday, it was stated that the cutoff was 05/31 & that those who had a pending charge got a brick. But as of this morning the one person who got documentation (location of her brick) said that the cut off was really 5/25 & that anyone who sent in their app after 5/25 & has a charge on their CC will get a refund in 2-4 weeks. The latest post also says that the CM she spoke to said to complain to guest services.

I don't know what to believe anymore! I guess I'll just be waiting for my credit, my not really real documenation of the placement of my brick & when we go I'll look to see where it should have been!! :0)

I was so bummed when I read that post on the DIS! I checked my CC and finally I had a charge for it (for some reason I don't get pending just when it posts). I can't believe that she got paperwork and then they told her no...that's so rude!

I know! I just don't get it. And like anything that isn't confirmed (discount code or now bricks!!), reading the thread makes you more worried & confused than it should.

I guess I'm not getting a brick, but I guess I won't be surprised if by some magic we start reading that people ARE getting bricks!! he he he he

I'll hold on to hope for some magic & maybe we'll still get them?! I just have a hard time believing so many people got charged & THEN they decided that it was too many bricks being sold? I mean, come on! This isn't a mom & pop shop...it's DISNEY! They know what they're doing!!....don't they?! :0)

And now over on the thread someone is convinced it has something to do w/the faxing of the legal agreement?! I don't buy that either because then that gives hope to those that mailed it in!!

Ahhh the drama of Disney Speculation!!

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    I'll hold on to hope for some magic & maybe we'll still get them?! I just have a hard time believing so many people got charged & THEN they decided that it was too many bricks being sold? I mean, come on! This isn't a mom & pop shop...it's DISNEY! They know what they're doing!!....don't they?! :0)

And now over on the thread someone is convinced it has something to do w/the faxing of the legal agreement?! I don't buy that either because then that gives hope to those that mailed it in!!

Ahhh the drama of Disney Speculation!!
    I agree. I also can't believe that Disney would go to all this trouble for only 70 bricks. If that is true, they must have sold out in about a minute.

I'm holding out a teenie bit of hope, it is the place where dreams come true. But I am preparing myself for not geting one.

I agree for 70 bricks they could just set up for one day and be sold. I would imagine that they would have instructed the CMs at the phone number we called to not give out the application info.

Right, still holding on to magic here too! I mean, 70 bricks?! That would have been gone in a nano second during Memorial weekend there! There would not have been any need to 1) set up a stand & 2) email out the forms! Time will tell I suppose!!

Ok, another update! I just got an email from Dean at Disney w/my brick address!? I checked the DIS thread & other people are getting emails too. Someone emailed Dean back & he said that we will be getting bricks!! Not sure if it's those who got the charge on the cc or if the apps were sent in by a certain date or anything...

For those of you who did apply, keep an eye out for an email!!

Good luck!! How exciting!

No email yet, but I did get charged. I keep refreshing my email (like a dork) hoping that something will be there!