Thread: Coupon popups

Default Coupon popups

I noticed tonight that when I click on a coupon link through SR, a little box pops up with the coupon and how much I'm getting back from SR. I gotta be honest, I'm not a fan-it looks like something I'd see from SR's more nefarious competitors, and clutters my task bar.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

We actually instituted it after getting a lot of feedback from people who are non-SR members (affiliate marketing experts, SEO experts, and some independent site reviewers). I can see the positives and negatives to it. One thought that we had was to only do it for non-SR members, not people who are logged in. But that was going to get kind of confusing. I'm watching the numbers to see if it changes anything either way.

One thing to note is that it only happens if you click on the coupon links. If you click on the banners, they still operate the way that they always have. So you should be able to click on the banner and just use the coupon codes that are listed.

We did get feedback that we should not even list the coupon codes on the site but should make people click to get them. We will NOT be instituting that because I think that can be considered at gray area in affiliate marketing.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    We actually instituted it after getting a lot of feedback from people who are non-SR members (affiliate marketing experts, SEO experts, and some independent site reviewers). I can see the positives and negatives to it. One thought that we had was to only do it for non-SR members, not people who are logged in. But that was going to get kind of confusing. I'm watching the numbers to see if it changes anything either way.

One thing to note is that it only happens if you click on the coupon links. If you click on the banners, they still operate the way that they always have. So you should be able to click on the banner and just use the coupon codes that are listed.

We did get feedback that we should not even list the coupon codes on the site but should make people click to get them. We will NOT be instituting that because I think that can be considered at gray area in affiliate marketing.
    I figured there was some reason for it.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post

How could you possibly list all the coupons for some of the stores? I like having them listed on the SR page. I can pick and choose to see what would be the better deal for what I am shopping for.

The pop ups are not an issue for me. Did you know the News page still has a link to the Holiday contest?
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kathie View Post
    Did you know the News page still has a link to the Holiday contest?
    Thanks! I totally missed that! You can tell how often I log in through the main page. LOL
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs