Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another auto sign up! BMG Music

nicholfamily5 is offline I can't tell you how often I wake up in the night and that's the first thing I think of

Default Another auto sign up! BMG Music

Everyone should be checking all of their email boxes! I received the one from Columbia House DVDs the other day, and tonight I received the same from BMG, only this time it told me a cd was already shipped!
    I shot off an email to cancel the account, but this is crazy. I REALLY don't like being randomly signed up for things.

Just a heads up! Some people might be recieving random cd's and dvd's in the mail soon.
    Sunshine Rewards
    "A size 2 is not fat! Nor will it ever be. And being a size 0 doesn't make you beautiful. To all girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist, put on a bikini put it on and stay strong." -Jennifer Love Hewitt

This is just so very odd. I'm trying to figure out how it is happening. I think it has to be some of the checkboxes (called "coregistration") in some of the freebie offers.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Here is my question...has anyone actually received the cd's or dvd's in the mail yet? My concern is that it is really just an effort to say hey your already joined up so go ahead and order more. I would be interested to see if they have actually put any money out and sent merchandise out yet. I think I wouldn't be terribly concerned unless the merchandise showed up at my door and then I would worry about all the cancelling. Especially if these are showing up in your spam mail boxes. Tricia, any thoughts on that???
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm really at a loss on these. I can see so many different scenarios. 1) Someone signed you up using a stolen credit card or prepaid card so that they could get rewards points and you would have to deal with the mess, 2) we have a freebie or survey on the site that is either being tricky or illegal to get your signup information to forward on to the clubs and then taking the commissions, or 3) someone is using a phishing scheme to get more info out of you or trick you into signing up because you think you already have.

In any of those three scenarios, I would like to try to get to the bottom of it because it has to be coming out of something you are signing up for.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

nicholfamily5 is offline I can't tell you how often I wake up in the night and that's the first thing I think of

I thought I was pretty careful about catching all the check boxes, but it is always possiible I missed one. I can't imagine missing both of these though.

I'm fairly certain they are phishing. I totally agree with the above poster. It just bugs me to have to go through this.
    Sunshine Rewards
    "A size 2 is not fat! Nor will it ever be. And being a size 0 doesn't make you beautiful. To all girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist, put on a bikini put it on and stay strong." -Jennifer Love Hewitt

Well, I don't think it is an identity or cc theft, only because neither site had any cc or bank info, nor did they even have a username or password set up. In both cases I had to sign in with my account number, and then create a username.
    I hated doing that, but I wanted to see what info they already had. Which was my name, address and email. That's it!
    Sunshine Rewards

Handy for them that there are now BMG and Columbia House offers that do not require a credit card to initiate the signup. I'm sure that is what they are using. And if they are really getting you signed up, they could be making as much as maybe $30 a pop off of each, assuming they are doing them in bulk?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

That is VERY sneaky!!!! If I were BMG and CH, I certainly woulnd not want to be paying commision on all these non auth "signups"
    Sunshine Rewards

Bmg bought out the music part of columia house (they merged)
    so I am betting thats how they were able to do that...

TIAMOMMA is offline McChingy, I like that, it has a nice ring to it. Kind of like a new McDonald's entree.

This happened to me too!!!! I got the CD in the mail yesterday from BMG. Tricia, remember when I said I was having a bad day yesterday? First the BMG showing up, then I couldn't get into the Forum and I can't get Restaurants.com to respond to me despite numerous calls/emails about certificates I ordered that the restaurant won't honor!

The worst part is there is NOWHERE on the BMG literature that they show a telephone number. I sent an email, of course no response. I did google them and found a telephone number (not toll free of course) and called them to cancel but the "customer service rep" didn't inspire a lot of faith in me.

I thought I was always careful doing my free surveys, but something happened along the way!

TIAMOMMA
    Sunshine Rewards