Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bed bugs at Disney

Default Bed bugs at Disney

It was reported on ABC Action news tonight that The Disney All Star Resort may have bed bugs. They would not discuss it with the media when questioned. A family that was staying there had multiple bug bites and made a deal with Disney to keep their mouth shut. Just a little FYI.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

That is not good, i hope that disney can clean up the problem quickly!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

We will be staying at Pop or Movies this July. Hoping that it will be taken care of by then. I always leave my luggage outside, and go look at the mattresses, the headboards, etc. to makes sure I see no signs of bedbugs. Don't want them to get in my luggage!

This is going to cost Disney money over and over again. People come with those critters and then Disney will have to rid the rooms of everything and bring in new beds, etc.
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Yikes! This would not be good for business but sadly it is not a sign of cleanliness because any hotel, even extremely high class ones can have this problem.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

I guess it was just a matter of time before someone brought the critters with them to Disney. Knowing Disney, they will be on top of it and everything will be properly sanitized in record time.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

Unfortunately, this is a risk at ALL hotels from scummy ones all the way up to luxurious 5 star hotels. I'm sure this isn't the first case of bedbugs that disney has seen. However, I'm sure they stay on top of it at disney as best as possible.
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by bartleby1 View Post
    I'm sure this isn't the first case of bedbugs that disney has seen. However, I'm sure they stay on top of it at disney as best as possible.
    It's not the first case. I've seen posts on the DIS about people reporting bed bugs. I just think Disney is REALLY good at keeping it quiet. One particular post I remember last year was a moderate resort...I want to say CBR...and the family struggled to get Disney to respond at first. (although that part surprises me) Although I do think it's a bit unfair that the local news is reporting on the problem. I'm sure they could find a newstory on bed bugs at many hotel across the nation...not just WDW.

Bed bugs are a reality at any kind of hotel. It's just the nature of the beast in that industry unfortunately. Like Angela, I too check every hotel room I stay in before unpacking.
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

So how can you tell if there are bed bugs in the room? I do not know much about them or what to look for.
    Sunshine Rewards

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    So how can you tell if there are bed bugs in the room? I do not know much about them or what to look for.
    Take a portion of the sheets off the mattress. You will see them nesting in the crevices.
    Last edited by spring; 01-14-2008 at 10:43 AM.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    They say that if there are some, there will be black spots (feces) around the cords of the mattress. They will also hide during the day. You can lift up the back of the headboard and check in those crevices for either the bugs or the spots. I take off the sheets and look all around the mattress. They can also hide in and behind trim.

I watched a segment about it on TV once and learned alot. I know if you google it, you can see pics of what they look like and descriptions of how to know if your room is contaminated.

Leave your luggage out of the room until you know for sure. They can attach to your luggage and then your house will be conaminated.
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards