Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flights out of Ohio

Default Flights out of Ohio

Okay....DH has not given me the TOTAL okay to go to WDW this summer, but also said he would not be totally against it. So...in my mind...unless something happens...I am planning on going.

I have been lookin - at this point for fun - at flights for July. My dates (can be adjusted slightly) are July 17-22. I found Airtran for a total of $294 for 2 of us to fly. I thought that was pretty good. that is about $150 per person. Usually we can't find much below $200.

Those of you who are around this area, is that a good rate? Could I find something cheaper. In order for me to get that rate, I would have to book today (they are running a special) and my take off date would be the day before - July 16. (Ahhh man.... I would have to leave a day earlier.... )

Southwest is always an option, but I get nervous with the waiting-just- in- case- they- have- a -Ding thing.

I know there is a luck factor to flying. We just do not fly very often. This will be my 4th time flying out of 36 years, so still a little new at this. Any input would be great.
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

What about skybus? Isn't that the cheap airline out of ohio? (or is it spirit?) I would check into that one as well because if the airports they service aren't that far away it would be worth the drive.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

oh and yeah that is a pretty good airfare that you found IMO. Mike and I got $188 each out of Houston 2 years ago and that was the cheapest we could find.
    Sunshine Rewards

Oops...I lied It was Spirit and not Airtran that I found the deal. Once I get DH's say so, I will book. However, he has been pretty sick lately, so now is not the best time to discuss this. That upsets me a little bit (not mad, just nervous that I won't find THAT good of a deal) because I can get THAT particular price only until midnight tonight.

I will keep my fingers crossed that next week there will be equal or better deals. I like the thought of going SW because I can cancel or move my dates around without penalty, plus the possibility of getting credit if my fare goes down. But they are pretty expensive right now.
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

Angela,

I'm in Northeast Ohio. Last January we flew AirTran out of Akron and our fare was $79 one way. So with fees it wound up being about $360 for two of us.

This year we flew Southwest out of Cleveland and during a sale I got $49 one way with a total of about $240. That was a sale not a ding and I got it only about 8 weeks before our trip. They actually have another sale going on now with the same fare. I know that doesn't help you right now since you won't be going until July. And I don't know what sale prices would be in July....maybe higher?....not sure.

Thinking about AirTran.....I get their emails and quite honestly their sale prices don't fluctuate that much. So if you really think you don't want to mess with Southwest, I would go ahead and jump on the AirTran fare.

Does that help at all????

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    Okay....DH has not given me the TOTAL okay to go to WDW this summer, but also said he would not be totally against it. So...in my mind...unless something happens...I am planning on going.
    LOVE it!! Yay!!

I know I'm not in OH, but I think that's a really good deal!! Good luck!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

no words of advice on airfare but I wanted to say WOOHOO!!! So glad you may get to go!!!
    <Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonfamily4 View Post
    no words of advice on airfare but I wanted to say WOOHOO!!! So glad you may get to go!!!
    I know!!! I want to keep talking about it, but I don't because my boys are not going, and I don't want DH to get annoyed with me. I cannot act too excited. But with you all I can go WOOHOO!!!!!!! over and over again and you all will understand!

You have got to try and go sometime with your little one! I never thought it would happen for me (still not 100 percent a go, but almost). Jillyfish - by reading her report, just got me to REALLY want to go that much more.
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

You can go ahead and tell DH it's ALL my fault. I'll take the heat for 'ya!!

Quote Originally Posted by JillyFish View Post
    You can go ahead and tell DH it's ALL my fault. I'll take the heat for 'ya!!
    Nah....can't do that! If we ever have a SR meet, he would ask "Is that fish girl that did the trip report going???" I will just blame my DSis for starting the whole thing in the beginning! LOL
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards