Thread: Disney Reservations Going DOWN This Weekend!

Default Disney Reservations Going DOWN This Weekend!

Disney will be performing a reservation system update beginning at 5:00pm EDT on Friday, May 13, which will last through Sunday, May 15.

During this time, neither guests nor travel agents will be able to quote, book or modify Package Reservations for the Walt Disney World Resort by phone or online. Room-only reservations and ticket sales will not be affected.

Guests will be unable to access Disney's Online Check-In Service during this time. Additionally, guests and travel agents will be unable to associate new Dining Reservations with Vacation Packages. However, new Dining Reservations may be made for up to 180 days out. The 180+10 feature will not be available again until Monday, May 16.

This outage will also affect Vero Beach, Hilton Head and Aulani.

Any guest who is required to make their final payment on May 13, 14 or 15 MUST do so by 10:00pm EDT on May 12. Late payments will result in a Vacation Package cancellation.

If you have a vacation booked with Mouse Unlimited, we will be contacting you directly if you will be affected by this outage.
    Last edited by MouseUnlimited; 05-10-2011 at 08:07 PM.
    Mouse Unlimited - The Ultimate Disney Travel Agency
    Mouse Unlimited | MU Forum | MU Blog | MU Twitter | MU Facebook

Hmmm...don't know if you can clarify this for me or not, but I'm supposed to make my dining reservations on May 15 for our 10 day stay in Nov. Does that mean I won't be able to do that until the 16th? I was a little confused by the dining part of the reservations update...

Thanks if you can help me understand this better!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by lkat View Post
    Hmmm...don't know if you can clarify this for me or not, but I'm supposed to make my dining reservations on May 15 for our 10 day stay in Nov. Does that mean I won't be able to do that until the 16th? I was a little confused by the dining part of the reservations update...

Thanks if you can help me understand this better!
    The Dining Reservation will be functioning normally, so you can make reservations during this outage....

HOWEVER, you will not be able to associate the Dining Reservation with your Vacation Package, meaning it will not recognize your 180+10 privileges. So, on the 15th, you will only be able to make Dining Reservations for exactly 180 days later. Beginning on the 16th (Monday), the 180+10 should be functional again.

Does this make sense?

Yep I think so. So I'd be able to make my first reservation on the 15th but that's it. Then I'd have to call back on the 16th to make the other 9 days of my reservations???

Thanks so much for your help! I wouldn't have known anything about this and would have been VERY frustrated come the 15th when I wouldn't have been able to book everything!

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by lkat View Post
    Yep I think so. So I'd be able to make my first reservation on the 15th but that's it. Then I'd have to call back on the 16th to make the other 9 days of my reservations???

Thanks so much for your help! I wouldn't have known anything about this and would have been VERY frustrated come the 15th when I wouldn't have been able to book everything!

You don't necessarily have to call, since you can make Dining Reservations online, but generally speaking - yes.

On May 13 (evening), 14 or 15, guests will be able to make Dining Reservations for no further than 180 days away, no matter when they check-in.

Then, beginning on May 16, guests will be able to book for the rest of their trip, using the 180+10 feature.

It doesn't matter if you call or book them online, Disney Dining will not be able to see or reference your vacation package, and thus, they will have to treat you as a "day guest" and only allow you to book for 180 days or earlier.