Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Major Changes at Netwinner!

Default Major Changes at Netwinner!

By now most of you have noticed the changes in the GCs that are available. The only GC that is left is the reloadable Mastercard. Netwinner has also added some raffles to its "Prizes" section.
    Some major changes in the games happened today. Players are now limited to 100 spins on the Moneywheel across all sites and to 10 cards on Banko. For example, you can no longer play all the Banko cards on the SR site and then switch to another site and keep playing. The same thing pertains to Moneywheel. Once you use up your 100 spins you cannot switch to another site and keep playing. Members in the Netwinner forums are posting that they are seeing a major decrease in the amount of points being won.
    You can find more information on this topic in the Netwinner forums.
    Last edited by kayjo; 02-09-2008 at 02:08 AM.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I've noticed since doing the site last summer that earning is alot slower (I started when it was unlimted spinning on just the main site). Lucikly I have SR to be my main money earner and will just do this one for the kickback to tricia and the odd gc I can cash out for.

I know though that it must be frustrating when you are use to a certain set up and system and then it gets changed on you.
    Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

I thought it was just Canadians that had no choices. I find playing banko fun, if any money comes from it that is a bonus.
    Sunshine Rewards

One thing that everyone has to keep in mind is that they HAD to make these changes to stay in business. Do you know that there were people playing 110 games on FORTY different sites a day? Can you imagine how much they were making? Now add to that the fact that Netwinner gets paid less than a penny for every advertisement those people saw. And only when they saw them the first time. If Netwinner had even 30 different ads in a day, they probably were making about 3 cents off of that person. And if that person was cashing out for hundreds of dollars a month, Netwinner was losing so much money that they would go bankrupt.

I knew when I added them to our site that people would only be able to play their 110 games on one site a day. But I compare it to our arcade games and our Sunshine Scratch Off. People love playing our arcade games and making NOTHING. And they play Sunshine Scratch Off every day and probably average about 60 cents a person a month. But they still love to play. I figured that winning anything on Netwinner would be more than winning nothing playing the free games that we currently have.

I've been gaming and doing rewards sites online for over 10 years and I can't tell you how many sites like Netwinner I have seen go under because they were paying out too high on things compared to what they were taking in. I lost so much on reward sites, game sites, and paid surf sites that couldn't come through with their rewards. I have to respect that Netwinner is making the changes necessary to keep their heads above water.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    One thing that everyone has to keep in mind is that they HAD to make these changes to stay in business. Do you know that there were people playing 110 games on FORTY different sites a day? Can you imagine how much they were making? Now add to that the fact that Netwinner gets paid less than a penny for every advertisement those people saw. And only when they saw them the first time. If Netwinner had even 30 different ads in a day, they probably were making about 3 cents off of that person. And if that person was cashing out for hundreds of dollars a month, Netwinner was losing so much money that they would go bankrupt.

I knew when I added them to our site that people would only be able to play their 110 games on one site a day. But I compare it to our arcade games and our Sunshine Scratch Off. People love playing our arcade games and making NOTHING. And they play Sunshine Scratch Off every day and probably average about 60 cents a person a month. But they still love to play. I figured that winning anything on Netwinner would be more than winning nothing playing the free games that we currently have.

I've been gaming and doing rewards sites online for over 10 years and I can't tell you how many sites like Netwinner I have seen go under because they were paying out too high on things compared to what they were taking in. I lost so much on reward sites, game sites, and paid surf sites that couldn't come through with their rewards. I have to respect that Netwinner is making the changes necessary to keep their heads above water.
    I agree. I have also been doing reward programs and paid to click and survey sites for a lot of years. It does suck when things change so drastically, but I understand why it happens. I hadnt played netwinner in months so it was no big deal to me, but now if its going to benefit SR I will keep playing daily.

Thanks for the easy to understand, rational explination.
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

I totally understand them cutting back the number of spins/cards in order for them to stay in business. I don't understand why they gave the users the opportunity to do so many in the first place though.

I also don't understand why they couldn't keep some kind of gift card. That is probably one of the biggest complaints because everyone is worried about not earning fast enough to avoid the inactivity fees on the ecount card. At least with a regular gift card, such as, hmmmm... let's say.... a DISNEY gift card , you could play until you earn one and not have to worry about whether it took 6 months or longer to do it.

I will continue to play my 100spins/10cards through SR and hope for the best!
    Debbie

icartjetta is offline Crap, I hate games. If I see naked people they better be good looking.

I just want to know why people who are making FREE MONEY online still tend to complain so much, come on people it's FREE MONEY, where in the world can you go and have a great group of people who are all out for the same thing.
    Get over it, if you don't get your extra spins or your 1 cent that's owed to you. Get over it. Please, I'm so sick of this me, me, me, attitude, be thankful for being alive and being able to get something for nothing!
    Traci
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks for putting it all in perspective Tricia! I would much rather have a fun way to earn a little extra than see them go under for paying out too much!! I'm sure it has all been a learning curve for them as well- in the beginning there were unlimited spins, etc. but they are now modifying it to be around in the long run. It's free money to me so I don't have many complaints!

Other gift card options would be nice (esp Disney lol). I wonder though if they have run into the same issues that Tricia has with not being able to get discounts or breaks. In the end, they have to do what is profitable to them. We can hope that they can come up with other options as time goes by. It's still a fun little game to play!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by icartjetta View Post
    I just want to know why people who are making FREE MONEY online still tend to complain so much, come on people it's FREE MONEY, where in the world can you go and have a great group of people who are all out for the same thing.
    Get over it, if you don't get your extra spins or your 1 cent that's owed to you. Get over it. Please, I'm so sick of this me, me, me, attitude, be thankful for being alive and being able to get something for nothing!
    Have a little sunshine
    Debbie