Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question for the BMG/Columbia house victims...

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I did Brandarama: clean and clear on 5/31.
    Sunshine Rewards

I did Brandarama: Clean & Clear (ID:1534)
    on 5/28 and got the CH email on 5/30, the Brandarama still shows in pending
    I did Cell Rewards on 5/29
    I was wondering if anyone would get energetic enough to do the detective work.
    Thanks!
    kelly
    Sunshine Rewards

I did the brandarama too on 5/29. Never saw a confirmation from them but found out today that the DVD I "ordered" from CH is on back order as is the welcome package. How is that for ya!! I emailed them back that I didn't order it but I plan on calling them today.

Angela

Tricia,

I went back to redo Brandaram clean and clear to see if I could find a place where we might have missed a check mark. I didnt find a place where they had any check marks. I did find that the first offer that pops up is the 1000 free grocery coupons offer that signs up your home phone number for a voice mail service that was done to my home phone last week. It appears that the first brandarama I did for purex may have signed me up for the voicemail even though I skipped the offer and the second one for clean and clear signed me up for CH even though I hit NO next to the offer. This is not one of those offers that forces you to chose an offer in order to get to the end. You can hit skip all the way through and still get to the end. HTH!
    Last edited by jnorth1007; 06-05-2007 at 04:18 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mantaz View Post
    I did the brandarama too on 5/29. Never saw a confirmation from them but found out today that the DVD I "ordered" from CH is on back order as is the welcome package. How is that for ya!! I emailed them back that I didn't order it but I plan on calling them today.

Angela
    Dont bother calling because the system is automated and it allows you to cancel your membership but with the stipulation that you will pay the 5.00 and pay for the 2 additional DVDs. Do it through email so that you have record of your correspondence. I dont want you to inadvertantly agree to pay for the fees. HTH!
    Sunshine Rewards

I just pulled the Brandarama offers. I signed up for one of them using a totally unique email address. Half an hour later, I got the email that told me that I had signed up with M*******. I was VERY careful to read every little bit of fine print and NOT click on any boxes. I even clicked on all of the T&C links (of which one was bogus). I'll be interested to see if the BMG or Columbia House come in next.
    Last edited by jnorth1007; 06-14-2007 at 12:55 PM.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    Dont bother calling because the system is automated and it allows you to cancel your membership but with the stipulation that you will pay the 5.00 and pay for the 2 additional DVDs. Do it through email so that you have record of your correspondence. I dont want you to inadvertantly agree to pay for the fees. HTH!

They would hate to tell me I have fees to pay!! They are "sending" me a DVD that I already own!! I did email them and they sent an automated email saying they would contact me in 2 business days. I'll see what comes of it!

Thanks for the help
    Angela

I redid that offer yesterday and got a BMG notice in my junk mail. It's titled "Nuw customer..." How you do like the way they spelled new??? The return address isn't from BMG either.
    Sunshine Rewards

I did the Clean and Clear Brandarama too, but it was 2 days after I got the first email from columbia house. I only have one thing posting on the day I received my first email and it was Hotjobs on 5/27. I am constantly receiving emails though they tell me I am cancelled. Still no return slips for the DVDs I have received in the past week

Quote Originally Posted by jctimon View Post
    I did the Clean and Clear Brandarama too, but it was 2 days after I got the first email from columbia house. I only have one thing posting on the day I received my first email and it was Hotjobs on 5/27. I am constantly receiving emails though they tell me I am cancelled. Still no return slips for the DVDs I have received in the past week
    Did you do the brandarama purex offer earlier?

After redoing the clean and clear in an effort to see if we missed something along the way. The brand new email address I created to do it with received the m******* account welcome email. I know for sure now that the brandarama offer is the one that signed me up for that. Luckily that email had an option to cancel account. Now I will wait and see if anything come through from anyone else. This is the only thing I have used this email for so if something comes through we know where it came from.
    Last edited by jnorth1007; 06-14-2007 at 01:10 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards