Thread: Just Booked My First Trip to WDW

Default Just Booked My First Trip to WDW

I am beyond excited!!!!!!

Quite a bit overwhelmed though...We only have a little over 6 months until we go, so I have to get right on reservations....

We decided to do 7 days, with NO hopping....

This is what I have so far, feel free to help a newbie out....

Day 1: Magic Kingdom
    Day 2: Animal Kingdom
    Day 3: EPCOT
    Day 4: Magic Kingdom
    Day 5: EPCOT
    Day 6: Hollywood
    Day 7: Magic Kingdom

We know we want to do Chef Mickey, Ohana, Cinderella (the one in MK) and Hoop Dee Doo...Any other suggestions????

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Here is my next piece of advice to you... Unless you plan to take full advantage of EMH, do not go a park that has them. Just something to keep in mind. Have you looked at park hours yet? They usually come out slightly before your dining reservations open up at 180 days. The next, probably obvious, advice is plan the parks, then the dining. Have fun working out the details.
    Fanofree

Sunshine Rewards

I'm not sure if others would do this or not, but I would suggest doing Epcot before MK. I'm sure my parents remember my first trip at age 3 pretty well....the story is that we spent ONE HOUR at Epcot because I wanted to stay in MK. That was while I was taking a nap! I know some of the guide books will recommend this as well if you have young kids.

Like I said, I'm not sure about your kids or if others have found that to work better, but that's the one thing I would change. Have fun planning!
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

So far so good on the planning. I have a very broad palette when it comes to food but a few suggestions:

EPCOT-> the counter service in Germany and England is really good. Brats on a bun and fish and chips. If you are more adventurous then try out the Moroccan quick service as it was delicious.

I enjoy eating dinner in the German restaurant in Epcot. There is live entertainment and a large buffet with things like sausage, pork, etc. Garden Grill is also a family favorite when it comes to dinner at Epcot. It is also a character meal and the entire restaurant rotates while you dine.

For MGM we like Sci-Fi more than we liked 50s Prime Time but everyone is different.

MK - I loved the Castle (the lamb was to die for). I wasn't thrilled with Crystal Palace. I felt the character handlers didn't do a very good job, there were too many tables/very crowded, and the food was so-so. I was a fan of Liberty Tree (hello Thanksgiving) but they did away with the characters so I'm so-so with them.
    Columbia Harbor House is good for quick service as is Pecos Bills.

AK - we've never actually eaten there

Resorts - I liked Ohana, Chef Mickeys, and 1900 Park Fare. Whispering Canyon Cafe is on my list for next year.

All the menus are on All Ears.
    Sunshine Rewards

Congrats on your upcoming trip to the World. Your dining choices look great. We love dining in the castle and be sure to defineately try to get an early AM breakfast to the Crystal Palace. Nothing like being able to able to walk down Main Street USA with hardly anyone around. Awwww! Magical!

Congratulations on your trip! The best planning tip I have is to don't over plan your first trip. You can not see or do it all in one trip... well as far as that goes, I've been over 200 times and still have more to go!

The next best tip I have is get there early and don't stop. When you get to the park, you will have a tendency to want to stand there and just take it all in. Do that later! Head to the busiest areas first so you can get that over with early. These would be Fantasyland (especially Dumbo and Peter Pan) in MK, Everest and Kilimanjaro at AK, TSM, RNR, and ToT at DHS, TT and Soarin' at EPCOT. If you aren't in line early, others will be and then you will have long lines to wait in later. Know what is most important to you. Do those things and everything else is gravy.

Your park plans look great as long as they go along well with the park hours. Personally, I love evening EMH, mostly because any extra time in the parks is a good time for me Once you know what park you will be in each day and when they open and close, it will be much easier to plan your meals.

For meals, if you have young children, I would suggest an 8 AM reservation at Hollywood and Vine on your DHS day. We always do this one as the food and the character interaction are great and they do a sing along about everything 30 minutes. Plus, who doesn't want to walk through an empty park?! This also works great at Crystal Palace at MK. Breakfast at Cape May Cafe is also wonderful!!

Also another great place to eat, especially with children is Coral Reef. I love eating there! None of us liked 50's PT when we went there. We had lots of drama about DS wanting two drinks and us on the dining plan even after I told them I would pay extra. It was downhill from there! For quick service, we like Cosmic Rays at MK, Mexico at EPCOT, The commisary at DHS, and Flaming Tree BBQ at AK.

Have a wonderful time!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Graduate of the College of Disney Knowledge

Default ADRs

I know you've probably got your meals planned now but if you're looking for a breakfast restaraunt, DH and I really love Boma's. First of all, since it isn't a character meal, it's usually much quieter. It's a great buffet for the price to. Half of the buffet is African-inspired breakfast foods, and the other is the typical American food, with lots to choose from on both sides. Raglan Road in DTD has good food, and Irish music and dancing on certain nights. If you can take a little teasing, Prime Time Cafe has good food and a great atmosphere.

Hope you have a great time on your first WDW magical vacation.