Thread: WARNING Bizarre Y2C

Default WARNING Bizarre Y2C

My 15 yo DS just finished what is possibly the most bizarre and unnerving Y2C.

This was the typical Neilsen TV concept survey that I'm sure we've all done 1,000,000 times. You know the one, where they show you four or five story concepts and ask your opinion. The first three or four were fine, some sort of action/sci-fi stuff. NBD.

The last two were very raunchy. In fact, the descriptions were so blue, I can only expect that these shows would end up on Showtime or HBO, or else be maybe 12 mintues long. Now I'm no prude (and FWIW the shows looked like the could be interesting to me) but the descriptions of these shows were quite raunchy and pretty explicit (by survey standards) and WAY out of line for a 15 y.o. Luckily I was there when these came up and was reading over his shoulder.

If anyone else winds up with this particular survey and you do not want your teens exposed to something this blue and raunchy, here is your head's up.

Now back to my
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

^^ when my signature grows up it wants to be like @PSL1013's

--> Super Member 4Q2011, 1Q2012, 2Q2012, 3Q2012, 4Q2012

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubz View Post
    My 15 yo DS just finished what is possibly the most bizarre and unnerving Y2C.

This was the typical Neilsen TV concept survey that I'm sure we've all done 1,000,000 times. You know the one, where they show you four or five story concepts and ask your opinion. The first three or four were fine, some sort of action/sci-fi stuff. NBD.

The last two were very raunchy. In fact, the descriptions were so blue, I can only expect that these shows would end up on Showtime or HBO, or else be maybe 12 mintues long. Now I'm no prude (and FWIW the shows looked like the could be interesting to me) but the descriptions of these shows were quite raunchy and pretty explicit (by survey standards) and WAY out of line for a 15 y.o. Luckily I was there when these came up and was reading over his shoulder.

If anyone else winds up with this particular survey and you do not want your teens exposed to something this blue and raunchy, here is your head's up.

Now back to my
    That is unsettling that a survey that is clearly inappropriate for a child of that age would be offered at all.