Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: inspire me..Gift cards..

Default inspire me..Gift cards..

Well I have been thinking about how excited I am to make what i have made here on sunshine rewards ( around 300.00)

but i was looking for you guys to inspire me to make more (hehe)

So I was just wondering at one time how much money in disney gift cards did you take to disney world ? ( you don't have to tell if you dont want to haha)

another question, did the people at disney say anything to you ? when I went to ak i had like 5 25.00 gift cards and the guy laughed ( in a good way)

Last October, I had about $600 in Disney gift cards. A few were $100 cards but there were a lot of $25 cards. I don't really remember anyone having any comments.

We're going on a somewhat impromtu trip in May and I have about $800 (a little from Bdays along with SR) right now. But a big chunk of that will go for annual passes. Trying to earn all I can before then. We also have our usual trip planned for October so I'll have to get busy with more savings!

It's a great feeling to pay for things with "free money"!! I know last October, I was a little sad when we used the last of the gift cards. LOL We stayed for a week and it was the next to last day before we ran out of the gift cards- it was awesome! That trip definitely made DH a believer of SR . It really got him more aware when doing any online shopping too.
    Last edited by disney_girl; 03-12-2008 at 09:01 AM.
    Sunshine Rewards

It is hard to know what I "earned" from SR. I bought several gift cards from the Disney store when we got the percentage back. BUT...I paid for ALL of my hotel minus one night, plus we had about $600 of gift cards from AND $800 from my Disney Visa. SR is definitely a blessing. Our vacation would not have been as long or as fun if it wasn't for the money earned through them. Now...I had 1 1/2 years to save.

Hoping to have more in 2009 because I will have a full 2 years to save.
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

wow that is great guys!!! my husband knows about the gift cards and I used them to pay for part of our hotel last year. but i can't get him aware of the shopping thing. I was so mad that he signed up for that life lock without me knowing... i was like "hey i could have gotten some disney money for that"

what to do with him haha

Last year we paid for our entire room with gift cards. I think the CM wanted to quit, LOL! Many were $25 cards. Our bill was around $1500. We had purchased $1000 though when SR was still getting credit from disney for purchasing gift cards. Those were the days, LOL! We also had enough gift cards for almost all of our food and souvies. I don't remember the total but it sure was fun having the vacation pretty much paid for thru gift cards!
    Debbie

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I used $700 in gc's for my October trip. We just used out key cards to pay for everything on the trip and then the last day I went down and applied all of my cards. I think I had 8 cards. They didn't have a problem with wanting to do it but the girl was new and had some issues getting it to work LOL but it all worked out in the end. Great feeling to pay for everything and not have it come out of my account.
    Sunshine Rewards

kxmeeh is offline ymca...wasn't one of them a potato farmer???

I'm not as big of an earner as everyone else on here, but I paid for the entire BBB for the 3 of us with a combo of gift cards from here and disney dollars that the girls earned. She said, someone has been saving up alot for this, looking at the girls..I wanted to say most of that is my hours doing surveys, but I let the girls take the credit...it was their day

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

We LOVED our gift cards!! I gave each member of the family a $50 card for spending/fun money. My husband was even excited he got his own card LOL -At the end of the trip, none of us had used all of our money so I applied the remaining to our room bill. I still have one $50 card left. OMG I think I need to find out if they expire!!
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

FYI - I just called and the card does not expire and has no maintenance/service fee. So, I can save it for our next trip WOO HOO
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by andrea2289 View Post
    FYI - I just called and the card does not expire and has no maintenance/service fee. So, I can save it for our next trip WOO HOO
    Definitely a plus for the Disney gift cards!
    Sunshine Rewards