Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just in the planning stages but...

Default Just in the planning stages but...

I have always said that I wanted to retire to Orlando. Sold my Dad's house and have a little extra money. My brother said he was thinking about buying a condo in Gatlinburg, TN and that made me pause and think.. I have someone already looking for me a condo in Orlando!! I have been on the phone with lenders today seeing about how to work the money out. I have some of equity in my house and some cash from the sale of Dad's house, interest rates are low! So I' going to refinance my house, pay cash for a condo in Orlando and then when I am ready to retire (3 years) I can sell my house, pay off my mortgage and retire to Florida debt free. I'm stoked.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Awesome!
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

How incredibly cool!!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

It's my dream to do that! Good Luck!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

That sounds like a great plan! And in the meantime you'll also have a go to vacation home
    Kayla

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Oh that sounds wonderful!
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

Found a condo last night that I'm excited about. It is in one of my target complexes, has two bedrooms and two baths, needs some work but nothing to bad,(replace some sheet rock). And get this it's $35800! I have my realtor checking it out this morning. Hope it's a keeper.
    Sammielynn

Spending a little on work isn't so bad with a great deal! Not sure what condos run in the area, but that sounds like a steal compared to some prices I've seen locally. Hope it works out if upon closer look it's still good!
    Kayla

It was a keeper according to my condo scouts. Submitted an offer into the bidding war this morning. Should know tomorrow.
    Sammielynn

At first I didn't get the condo. But last Thursday my realtor called and said that the first group didn't follow through on the condo and did I still want it! I now have the condo under contract! Left home Friday coming to Orlando. We are on Spring Break, timing could not have been better. The very best part is that a friend of mine that lives in Orlando is retired and bored. She and her husband flip houses and don't want to do another house right now. They are going to do the labor as long as I buy the materials! This is really exciting for a person that has not talent with any sort of building.
    Sammielynn