Thread: Is anyone familiar with the Clearwater area?

Default Is anyone familiar with the Clearwater area?

We will be flying into PIE since I have a USA3000 credit, and renting a car and driving to WDW the next day, but I want to stay at a hotel convenient to PIE. I've narrowed it down to two Fairfield by Marriotts (because I have Marriott checques to use!): Fairfield Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater and Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater Bayside. The first is 1.5 miles from the airport, and the second is 5 miles. However I think the 2nd looks a bit nicer, closer restaurants, and is a tiny bit cheaper ?? I checked TripAdvisor for reviews and it wasn't much help.

Any thoughts? We'd be getting in around 9 p.m. and only sleeping, eating breakfast, and leaving so convenience is paramount. But if it's just a tiny bit further for 1) nicer and 2) less expensive I'm leaning that way.

I'm guessing SunshineCindy should be able to help when she gets off of work today. She's just north of Clearwater and eats down there a lot. And before they moved there, that was the area that she always went to when they visited. You might want to send her a PM as well in case this thread get buried by the time she gets home.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Thanks, Tricia. I'll send SunshineCindy a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dog2kidmom View Post
    We will be flying into PIE since I have a USA3000 credit, and renting a car and driving to WDW the next day, but I want to stay at a hotel convenient to PIE. I've narrowed it down to two Fairfield by Marriotts (because I have Marriott checques to use!): Fairfield Inn St. Petersburg Clearwater and Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater Bayside. The first is 1.5 miles from the airport, and the second is 5 miles. However I think the 2nd looks a bit nicer, closer restaurants, and is a tiny bit cheaper ?? I checked TripAdvisor for reviews and it wasn't much help.

Any thoughts? We'd be getting in around 9 p.m. and only sleeping, eating breakfast, and leaving so convenience is paramount. But if it's just a tiny bit further for 1) nicer and 2) less expensive I'm leaning that way.
    You most definately want the Clearwater Bayside. The one in St petersburg isn't very nice....or clean.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    You most definately want the Clearwater Bayside. The one in St petersburg isn't very nice....or clean.
    Thanks SO much for that info!!