Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airline Problems

Default Airline Problems

Seems like several of the low cost airlines are shutting down, Aloha, ATA, Champion, and Skybus just this week.
    If Allegiant goes out of business you may see my boys pushing the SUV down I-75 toward Orlando, don't think I can afford the gas!
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Wow - Skybus too?! They're brand new! I guess they were just a little no frills to survive. What a shame for those folks who have tickets with them.
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Yeah I wasn't too surprised when I read on the Dis that skybus went down. I don't know how they could really run a business on $10 tickets. Did they have higher priced tickets? Jet fuel is very expensive to make, transport, and buy (my client dabbles in refined products purchasing/selling/transportation).
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Yeah I wasn't too surprised when I read on the Dis that skybus went down. I don't know how they could really run a business on $10 tickets. Did they have higher priced tickets? Jet fuel is very expensive to make, transport, and buy (my client dabbles in refined products purchasing/selling/transportation).
    Supposedly they had some higher priced ones. However, I think they came along at the wrong time.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Yeah, the $10 tickets were very limited (I think only 10 seats) and after those sold out, the fares were similar to Southwest/JetBlue. But I agree with you Catherine - I think they kicked off during a really tough point and perhaps bit off more than they could chew with those expensive new planes.
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

Now some of the gloom and doom folks on the DIS are saying that Allegiant is next. Why are there so many gloomy doomy folks there?
    Sammielynn

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by sammielynn View Post
    Now some of the gloom and doom folks on the DIS are saying that Allegiant is next. Why are there so many gloomy doomy folks there?
    By picking on others and being negative it helps them ignore their own problems/faults and feel better. It really is depressing over there sometimes.
    Sunshine Rewards

Yea. I've gotten to where I barely even browse on a lot of the older boards that I use to frequent. Seems so many are negative now. I just prefer to be here with my postive SR family.
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

Quote Originally Posted by sammielynn View Post
    OTOH, not justify the gloom and doom, but given people were going LALALA when people were pointing out Skybus might not last much longer earlier this week, I might give the naysayers a touch of credibility. JMO.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2aPrincess View Post
    Yea. I've gotten to where I barely even browse on a lot of the older boards that I use to frequent. Seems so many are negative now. I just prefer to be here with my postive SR family.
    Yeah, I agree. It's like you can't ask a question over there w/o getting some comment that makes you regret posting!!
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800