Thread: Garden Grocer tip question...

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Default Garden Grocer tip question...

So Disney Friend & I are ordering from Garden Grocer (water, diet coke, etc) & it asks for a tip for driver, order preparer & shopper. I have no problem tipping, but how much would you tip on a $40.43 order? In addition to the tip there is a $12 delivery fee...just a FYI...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

3 tips! That is insane. Its their job to do these things and I'm sure they are at or above minimum wage! Ok off my soap box.

I'd give between $4-$8 in total. That's 10-20% plus they are already charging you a delivery fee.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    So Disney Friend & I are ordering from Garden Grocer (water, diet coke, etc) & it asks for a tip for driver, order preparer & shopper. I have no problem tipping, but how much would you tip on a $40.43 order? In addition to the tip there is a $12 delivery fee...just a FYI...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    I would probably give a 10% tip just I like I do with a pizza delivery - just remember to back out your tax since you never want to tip the tax. And since I don't know if it's customary to tip the delivery fee, I'd probably make it a $5 tip. No way would I give 3 tips - I'm with Cate!
    Last edited by fourfoxesinpa; 04-09-2008 at 01:35 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    3 tips! That is insane. Its their job to do these things and I'm sure they are at or above minimum wage! Ok off my soap box.

I'd give between $4-$8 in total. That's 10-20% plus they are already charging you a delivery fee.
    Ha! I KNEW you'd reply to this post...I remember the pizza tip thread a couple months ago! Thanks!!

I was thinking the same thing...maybe 20% on the food only...yeah, the $40.43 is before the tax! And I don't think I should tip on the delivery fee either.

I was thinking somewhere between $5-$8

Thanks ladies!!

ETA: maybe I should just do $6...$3/each & call it good??
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

The tipping thing just ticks me off sometimes when it is forced or expected. A tip is something extra to show appreciation and should not be guaranteed before the service is performed. I think $6 is reasonable. That's like 15% so I would think its standard.
    Sunshine Rewards

Yeah, I think $6 is just about right, which works out to be around 15%. I mean, in a restaurant, 15% is acceptable when they are providing table service, 20% for exceptional service. 15% for a driver is more than acceptable.
    Sunshine Rewards