Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else over pack?

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Default Anyone else over pack?

My flight Wednedsay morning is super early, I have class until 10pm Tuesday night, DH is still needing lots of help/attention so I knew I needed to pack as much as I could this weekend.

So I pack, and pack, and pack, and pack.... My theory is I "may" need it . Call it my pack rat mentality spilling over into real packing, but what if I get there & don't have that green sleeveless shirt?? I'd be so bummed. Also, what if all I pack is sleeveless & it's not warm enough? What if I need pants...what if I really wanted those white ones? Or the pink ones? Or the camo ones? And all I brought was the dang jean ones??

So basically I have packed 5 tank tops, 5 sleeveless tees, 5 tees, 3 shorts, 5 pants, 2 work out outfits, 1 swimsuit, 2 pairs of flip flops, 1 pair of tennis shoes, 1 hoodie.....

I feel like I'm packing the same amount of clothes for 5 day as I do for 10! Anyone else have this issue or are all the rest of you responsible packers?
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

You know you will never wear all that.....but I do the same thing...pack and repack right up till the night before we leave. And when I'm down there, I never wear 1/2 of it.

Dang, I try every time to pack less and less, but it never works. I once had an old Irish friend of mine and her mom told me to roll everything when you are packing to come home, you get more in the suitcase that way....ever since then, I do it and have room to bring stuff home.

HAVE A MAGICAL TRIP JEN
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh's Pal View Post
    You know you will never wear all that.....but I do the same thing...pack and repack right up till the night before we leave. And when I'm down there, I never wear 1/2 of it.

Dang, I try every time to pack less and less, but it never works. I once had an old Irish friend of mine and her mom told me to roll everything when you are packing to come home, you get more in the suitcase that way....ever since then, I do it and have room to bring stuff home.

HAVE A MAGICAL TRIP JEN
    Deb! It's so true! I usually end up w/one favorite outfit that I wear over & over & over again...but you just never know!! I do roll most of my items...but that just allows me to over pack even more!!

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

I ALWAYS overpack. With DVC I have a washing machine so I try to take half of what I need...but no...I still have too much. So far, for 7 days I have 9 tshirts and I am not even finished yet!
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

You know what's worse? Wearing everything you pack even when you overpack. Yes I am that person who goes to the parks, goes back to the room to "freshen up" and change my clothes completely. I wore it all last time even the stuff I bought while there. Absolutely riduculous! Don't be me!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    You know what's worse? Wearing everything you pack even when you overpack. Yes I am that person who goes to the parks, goes back to the room to "freshen up" and change my clothes completely. I wore it all last time even the stuff I bought while there. Absolutely riduculous! Don't be me!
    Oh but I do that same thing yet I can never get through all my clothes! Too funny!

I'm glad I'm not alone!! Thanks ladies!!

I'm an overpacker too... never know what you might need... and even then I usually wash my clothes mid trip....

Make sure to weigh your suitcases... the rolling of the clothes trick is great for getting more into the suitcase... but this has caused me to come very close to the weight limit..

Have a great trip!!!
    Faith
    Proud to be SR member #3129

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    Oh but I do that same thing yet I can never get through all my clothes! Too funny!

I'm glad I'm not alone!! Thanks ladies!!
    I somehow manage to do it! Beach trips are even worse. I must learn to pack lightly. I will practice for the September trip. Good luckl narrowing it down.
    Sunshine Rewards

VERY much so an over packer! Not only with clothes, but I have to bring all my cute flip flops! The red ones that go with the red shirt, the red/white and blue ones to go with my patriotic shirt, the teal ones to go with my teal shirt, and so on and so on. Yeah.....the white flips would go with all, but they aren't as fun. NEXT year I am planning on behaving and NOT over packing....I will let you know how that goes! LOL
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

Jen

You certainly aren't alone....wait until you also have to pack for kids....that is where I really overpack.........the girls have such cute clothes that I don't know where to draw the line! It is a problem I know!

Janet...I love having the washing machines while staying at DVC. That is what makes me feel better about overpacking.......at least the majority of it is clean before I get home (in my mind less laundry to do at home = it is okay to overpack....hey it works in my mind)

Since it is just you Jen.....overpack........because some day you may end up not even paying too much attention to what you pack because you become so concerned with what you have to pack for everyone else (okay maybe that is just me!)

Pamela
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards