For those of you who are DVC owners, if you travel with friends and they want to stay in a villa with you and your family (which means you have to go to a 2 or 3 bedroom villa) do you charge them or ask for some amount of payment for using your points/villa?

I have a couple of friends (both are single and one has a son) who are all excited that we now own DVC so that they can mooch off us and stay for free (or so they think). Although, we do not mind traveling with them, we do not like to be taken advantage of.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to handle this? One of our friends is a real tightwad so much so that we get angry when he stiffs the waiter/waitress for example.

I thought if we had a set agreement for instance the current rate for a value resort / night which varies according to the time of year that it might help things a bit. That way they know up front what is expected.

My husband and I have been trying to come up with a way to handle this, because we know it is coming soon.

TIA!!