Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DVC Question

I think I'd charge Cindy if she wanted to stay with me. Just to make up for the pain and suffering of having her there the whole time. JUST KIDDING!! We don't charge family members either. Even when we book completely separate rooms for them so that they can go with us. Of course, I'd probably draw the line outside my immediate family.

I didn't know about the DVC 25% discount. I'll have to look into that for the nights before the SR cruise because I didn't want to use our family points for an SR function.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I didn't know about the DVC 25% discount. I'll have to look into that for the nights before the SR cruise because I didn't want to use our family points for an SR function.
    We've never done it, but it's still a rather pricey stay, I think. They don't always have them available but it doesn't hurt to ask!
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m4travels View Post
    We've never done it, but it's still a rather pricey stay, I think. They don't always have them available but it doesn't hurt to ask!
    We've done it at Hilton Head, but more for the convenience of adding an additional night. It is a sticker shock to hear what the cash reservation is, even with the discount.

Personally, I think if it was just a couple of days, especially before a cruise, I would opt to stay at a value or moderate resort over paying for the nights with cash. Even with the cash discount, I think it's still way over priced.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m4travels View Post
    You can do this however it's not like using 15 points + $150 for a night's stay.

Say you purchased enough points that would get you a two-bedroom unit for 4 nights. You would use the requisite number of points needed for those 4 nights, and then book the remaining nights on a cash basis. As a DVC member you do get a 25% discount on the rack rate IF it's available and then ask MS to link those two separate reservations together.
    Thanks so much for the info! That helps a lot!
    Sunshine Rewards