Thread: AirTran $25 coupon - I got great fares

Default AirTran $25 coupon - I got great fares

I'm pretty excited!

I signed up for Airtran's email and was sent a $25 coupon - DH did the same. We just used them (must do so by 5/11) to book our November flights from Philadelphia to MCO for $166.50 pp non-stop. Last year, for the same week, we paid $200 pp. Considering we go down during a very busy time plus the fuel increase, I'm pumped to get a great deal. We never seem to get "dinged" for that week so I wasn't willing to wait and gamble on a cheaper SW flight.

It seems so much closer now that we have our flights. Next purchase, MVMCP tix!
    Sunshine Rewards

Congrats!
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Partner Dude and I just booked our flight for January with them this past Sunday (other flights got TOTALLY changed on us and just wouldn't work). I then went in on Monday and booked our seats cuz I WANT exit row and, yes, I'll pay for that!

The coupon came out the next day.... Oh, the pain........

Well, life is still good, right?! Yup, it is!
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Oh Bummer Dude! When I booked I didn't know I could use a coupon for each person, so I only used 1. Well, after reading some threads on the DIS, I discovered I could go back into my ressie, add the seats and apply a coupon for each person. Luckily, I had booked two one-ways so a total of 8 $25 coupons! Even with paying the $48 total for the seats, I saved another $102 that they are going to return on my credit card. I am so excited. Non-stop RT now down to $141 pp. Many years since that price was seen by me. Yes, life is good.

So, anyone - if you have an Airtran ressie with NO seats selected, go and sign up for their emails. I'm sure you all have enough emails to get a coupon code for each person (two pp if you have 2 one way legs booked). If you need help, PM me and I can walk you through the process to get your credit applied.

Hope this helps someone save some $!
    Sunshine Rewards

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by fourfoxesinpa View Post
    Oh Bummer Dude! When I booked I didn't know I could use a coupon for each person, so I only used 1. Well, after reading some threads on the DIS, I discovered I could go back into my ressie, add the seats and apply a coupon for each person. Luckily, I had booked two one-ways so a total of 8 $25 coupons! Even with paying the $48 total for the seats, I saved another $102 that they are going to return on my credit card. I am so excited. Non-stop RT now down to $141 pp. Many years since that price was seen by me. Yes, life is good.

So, anyone - if you have an Airtran ressie with NO seats selected, go and sign up for their emails. I'm sure you all have enough emails to get a coupon code for each person (two pp if you have 2 one way legs booked). If you need help, PM me and I can walk you through the process to get your credit applied.

Hope this helps someone save some $!
    I'm now going to go have some cheese with my whine....

Yes, I'm sure it's still a good day.... it really is.... really, it is.... somewhere.
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Does Partner Dude have a seat too? Could buy him a seat and get the difference from the voucher refunded. If not, I'm wondering if you go in and change your seat to a different row, do they charge you for that? If so, it would probably let you enter a coupon? It might be worth paying another $12 RT for $50? Hope you can figure out a way to use the coupon.
    Sunshine Rewards