Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: More Fraud Information

Quote Originally Posted by IfoundNemo View Post
    Oh no, where these letters sent out already? I had no idea that you couldn't sign-in on a different computer. I have been a member for a while now, but I just signed up my employer recently. I signed into her account from my home computer to get her set up, and I often sign in to my account on my work computer, which is what I used to sign her up. Does this mean I am going to lose my account? Obviously I am not going to do this again, but I am hoping it isn't too late.

I've aleady sent out a bunch of these letters,but that doesn't mean you still won't get one as I get lists every week from advertisers. I'll give you a chance to reply before I really deactivate an account. But, for now, I'm on vacation till tomorrow, so it won't be tonight.

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by sammielynn View Post
    Why are you up at 4:00 AM. Get some sleep.
    I was wondering the same thing!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Quote Originally Posted by sammielynn View Post
    Why are you up at 4:00 AM. Get some sleep.
    It was a rough night. I had read a bunch of stuff from other GPT owners before I went to sleep and it was just eating at me. So I decided to get up and be productive. Took care of some trouble tickets. Even did some Paypals after I had a chance to look through each line of their histories to make sure that they were legit. I was also scrounging around looking for ANY new offers that I could find anywhere. When I couldn't find any, I started adding coupons. Then I took a daily survey. LOL! I actually got a lot done.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Now I am a bit worried. One time, several months ago, I logged into my account using her computer. Later, she signed up for SR. I wonder if that will affect her or me.

Sorry Tricia about all of this. It doesn't seem fair. Oh, try to take a nap today! Sometimes nothing feels better than a nap!

Angela
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

TIAMOMMA is offline McChingy, I like that, it has a nice ring to it. Kind of like a new McDonald's entree.

I log into my account from home and from work - is this against the rules? I'm getting so confused reading through this thread. I only have one account but I do use both computers to access it.

Sorry you are going through all of this Tricia, you have a great site and we all know how dedicated you are to it and its members.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by TIAMOMMA View Post
    I log into my account from home and from work - is this against the rules? I'm getting so confused reading through this thread. I only have one account but I do use both computers to access it.

Sorry you are going through all of this Tricia, you have a great site and we all know how dedicated you are to it and its members.
    I'd like to know the answer to this one too. I log on to my account from two different computers but I don't think anyone at my work does Sunshine Rewards too so I'm not worried about that. Glad I didn't tell them yet!! LOL!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

It's perfectly fine to log on at home and at work if you are the only person logging on in those two places. The only time you might have a problem is if you sign up for something in one place and complete it somewhere else. Like you sign up for efax at work but wait until you get home to download it. The cookie would be set at work waiting for you to download it there to give you credit. But as far as doing your daily surveys, shopping, and freebies, you would have no problem at all.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Ok what about I log on at the libary while my son does Arts Express. As I don't feel comfortable just leaving him there on his own yet and I read at home I have been signing onto to the internet while there and was wondering if it was Ok to check into Sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by BBgirl View Post
    Ok what about I log on at the libary while my son does Arts Express. As I don't feel comfortable just leaving him there on his own yet and I read at home I have been signing onto to the internet while there and was wondering if it was Ok to check into Sunshine.
    You won't likely have a problem checking on your email and stuff like that. Even doing some freebies and clicks and the scratch off. But if it is considered a proxy server, some of the advertisers may not credit you. I wouldn't do any of the offers besides freebies just to be on the safe side.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    And while we are on the subject of fraud, I know some of you may receive a letter from me about multiple accounts. If anyone has used your computer, or if you have used someone elses to log onto SR that uses it also for SR, it shows up as a duplicate and the advertisers are after us to cancel one of the accounts. They watch this very close. Sometimes we can get around it, sometimes we can't, just depending on how many times they have seen the duplicate from a computer. They are cracking down, so please, do not sign into SR on another members computer, even if its a sister, a mom, a cousin, a coworker, because they are catching these through the IPs. Just wanted to clarify why you may get a letter. I know this isn't intentional fraud, but we can't convince advertisers of this. Only one account per household is allowed.
    Is there an issue with signing on with my own laptop but using the free Internet connection at a hotel? The IP addresses are handled through the hotel.

Thanks.
    Ann