Thread: Are the parks really crowded...

Hybrid View

Default Are the parks really crowded...

during free dining? i am thinking about booking, but not 100% sure

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I went in 06 and they were pretty empty - I think the longest wait we had was 20 minutes for test track and then there was the 30 minute wait for a bus leaving magic kingdom. The restaurants will be full but not the parks. We are going to avoid Evening EMH which seemed to help last trip as well except for AK since you need the extra hours there.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    I went in 06 and they were pretty empty - I think the longest wait we had was 20 minutes for test track and then there was the 30 minute wait for a bus leaving magic kingdom. The restaurants will be full but not the parks. We are going to avoid Evening EMH which seemed to help last trip as well except for AK since you need the extra hours there.
    Thanks so much!!!

Oh good.... I'm glad to hear that ! We already had our trip booked before free dinning for Sept. was announced. Free Dining didn't benefit us since we are staying at Shades of Green. It is on property but Disney sold it to the Department of Defense. The price of the room is a better savings then free dining since it is a Deluxe resort and is cheaper than the disney value resorts. SoG still gets all the other benefits Disney hotel guest get except the dining. I was kinda of bummed when I heared they were doing free dining while we were there because I was worried it would become real crowded. So I'm glad to hear it won't be too bad.

Thank goodness I made all of our ADRs 180 days out. My mom and my sister decided they are going with us now and when I needed to make some ADRs for them I already had a tough time and this was still like 165 days in advance, but free dining was announced that week.

They are not doing magical beginnings anymore so that takes a bit away from the crowds. Also F&W opens on the last Friday of the month and that is not during free dining. Another plus.

The kids are in school so the crowds will be the stroller crews and those who can take the children out of school.

FD is really starting to draw a bigger crowd now but still nothing like summer or holidays. IT was started to fill vacancy in the hotels during low periods.

It is hot and hurricane season but we love it. See ya there!

I was also there in 06, and we walked on most rides, it's a great time to go.