Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Going to Disney Twice!!-Maybe

Default Going to Disney Twice!!-Maybe

I never would have imagined when I woke up this morning that by the end of the day I would be furiously planning a trip to Disney in a little over a month!! At work we have a bulletin board for people to sell things and my coworker and I decided to check it out this morning to see if there was anything new. There was!! A three bedroom villa for 1200 the week of July 4th, which works out b/c our plant closes down for the week. It only took us half a second to realize we could share the villa and split the cost. We were so excited I don't think we got a lot of work done today!

Only problem is --my DS is on the allstar baseball team and would more than likely be playing that week, so he and DH would not be able to go. Both DS and DH have said to take DD and go have fun since we are going in Dec. also. I just feel like I would be a horrible mom missing out on watching him play in the tourneys. What to do, What to do???
    Liz

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass..it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

wow, now that would be a hard decision. i would have no problem going to disney without my son (as i have done that), but i would have a problem of going when something is going on in his life.

i hate to say this, but i probably would not go, i would have to stay and watch my son play ball and take lots of pictures.

but if you do go, have lots of fun!
    all star movies for 10! jun 15-21. what a nightmare of a vacation.

Definitely a hard decision, I am not sure which I would pick, but I guess I would probably have to stay and watch my son also. Sorry.
    Sunshine Rewards

After being away from the hype and excitement of going to Disney and taking a few minutes to think about it by myself, I realize that I could not miss him playing ball. As you can see from my pics, I am so very proud of him and I am horrified that I even thought about missing it!

Now we just wait on the schedules to be released to see if we have any tourneys that week.
    Liz

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass..it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you
    Sunshine Rewards

wow, that's a really tough one, but i have to agree with you, i think i'd watch my DS play ball. you might not wanna be at wdw that week anyway, crowds will be HORRIBLE (i hear the MK was closed last july 4th b/c it was at capacity) and you'd probably encounter some brazilian tour groups too. does that make ya feel better?

DisneyMa is offline I need to be moving, but I'm relaxing on SR!!

oh, Liz, what a crappy choice to make! Disney or your kid?

Well, I know I would be a "bad" mom and choose Disneyland!! There are video cameras and cell phones for a reason!!

Let us know if you get to go.
    Sunshine Rewards

Well....I would choose Disney....Let me tell you why. My oldest DS plays basketball all year round. He has THE tournament of the year the SAME weekend as our SR Mall of America meet. I decided to miss the tourney and take Bethany to MOA. It was a HARD decision and I have shed a few tears over it (doesn't help that I tend to be an emotional one!)

The reason? Bethany has spent years, since she was 1 year (soccer, baseball, football, basketball) watching both brothers play sports. She has put up with it, definitely has complained some, and has been bored out of her mind at times(even when bringing toys along). This tourney is a 4 day event and I thought it would be nice to do something fun for her. She LOVES malls and MOA has so many fun things for the 2 of us to do.

So, I have made the very tough decision to take Bethany on a girl trip to MOA. She is excited beyond belief. I will definitly miss Linden play basketball, and will be making lots of calls to DH to see how the team is doing, but at the same time, I will be doing something wonderful with another child of mine and leaving lasting memories.

Hope it all works out!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

now i can completely understand missing something with one child while doing and event with another child. sometimes that is the only way to do it.

i get my enjoyment from the kids, they are what makes me happy. so if i missed an event with a child, for my own pleasure, well i just don't think i would get any pleasure out of it.
    ...i sometimes feel guilty when i go out to dinner with just my hubby.

anyway, let us know what decision you make, and we will cheer you on either way.
    all star movies for 10! jun 15-21. what a nightmare of a vacation.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    Well....I would choose Disney....Let me tell you why. My oldest DS plays basketball all year round. He has THE tournament of the year the SAME weekend as our SR Mall of America meet. I decided to miss the tourney and take Bethany to MOA. It was a HARD decision and I have shed a few tears over it (doesn't help that I tend to be an emotional one!)

The reason? Bethany has spent years, since she was 1 year (soccer, baseball, football, basketball) watching both brothers play sports. She has put up with it, definitely has complained some, and has been bored out of her mind at times(even when bringing toys along). This tourney is a 4 day event and I thought it would be nice to do something fun for her. She LOVES malls and MOA has so many fun things for the 2 of us to do.

So, I have made the very tough decision to take Bethany on a girl trip to MOA. She is excited beyond belief. I will definitly miss Linden play basketball, and will be making lots of calls to DH to see how the team is doing, but at the same time, I will be doing something wonderful with another child of mine and leaving lasting memories.

Hope it all works out!
    Thanks for posting this Angela. I wanted to reply with something similar last night but wasn't sure how.

Liz you will not be a terrible mother for missing one tournament. I was Bethany growing up and went to tournament after tournament, game after game for my brother and sometimes would have fun and often times be bored as heck in the stands. I think he got off unfairly though because I only had 1 dance recital he had to sit through. Should have thought about that at the time and maybe joined a competitive sports team
    Sunshine Rewards