Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Surprise Trip Revealed!

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Default Surprise Trip Revealed!

Some of you may have read on other posts that I was planning a suprise trip for DH this year, I'm just so excited about it, so I thought I'd post about it!!

I told him yesterday morning & he's just soooooo excited!! And I quote, "I have a glow about me today...a "Disney glow!" So yeah, I'd say that surprisng DH w/a Disney trip is a good thing!! Every once in awhile I was worried about what those on another site who flamed wives for surprising husbands w/trips were right & DH would be mad...but I knew he wouldn't be, but if you read enough flame posts you start to question yourself you know...

Anway this is how it went down...(sorry in advance for how long this will probably be!)

I paid the trip off & so then it was time to tell him! DH is ah um...well, let's just say "money conscious" so I knew that in order for him to be totally on board I'd have to show proof that 1) it's paid in full, & 2) savings account wasn't impacted. So I did screen prints that showed the DISNEY RESORTS charge & the immediate payment & the balance of my savings account. I also had a spreadsheet listing "how" I paid for it, i.e. 2nd job checks & Disney GIFT CARDS from my sites !!

Now on to the fun part....

DH works nights so when he got home yesterday morning there was a box on his side of the bed w/a card that said "These are for you. They are hints. Open each one as numbered & see if you can figure it out. No, you cannot just open the last one first." Then I wrote some mushy stuff inside about how I love him & this is not what you think, but I hope you like it anyway. (I wanted him to think we were going to Mexico, we're staying at Coronado Springs...see, not what you think!!)

Hint #1) Shorts & t-shirt (pretty basic, nothing special)
    His reaction: ok, thanks...

Hint #2) Sunscreen
    His reaction: was this the stuff I used the other day (yes, I re-gifted used sunscreen )

Hint #3) Margarita glass
    His reaction: just looked at the glass & looked at me like, wow, thanks....NOT!

Hint #4) B & W "brochure" of photos of CSR w/headings like "Tropical Beaches," "Relaxing Settings," "Tranquil Breezes." (My dad & I made this ourselves w/photos of CSR, but I wanted him to think it was a brochure from a Mexican resort so I cropped the photos just so...making it b&w really made it look more authentic I think!!)
    His reaction: Where are we going?????

Hint #5) A sombero & maracas
    His reacation: I don't want to go to Mexico....I really don't....I said, well we'll see...just keep going....

Hint #6) A letter from "Cindy" inviting "Prince Steve" to a Royal Luncheon on September 11th at 12:15 & blah, blah, blah. (Now, I really, really thought this would have been the hint that he would have been like, OMG, we're going to Disney...but no.....)
    His reaction: I don't get it? Who's Cindy?

Last Hint) T-shirt that I made for him w/images from a great person on DIS that read on front YOP 2007 & on the back is all the princesses w/Year of the Princesses on the back (DH said that if we had been going to WDW this year, he wanted to meet all the princesses & I said, oh so it would be your Year of the Princesses & he was all like YEAH. So YOP=Year of Princesses...his "theme")
    His reaction: Ah, cute, thanks.

He still didn't get it?! So he's just looking at me & I said, you still don't get it?
    He said, No. I'm like, really? You don't get any of it? Then it was like a lightbulb went off & he gasps, puts his hands to his mouth & says WE AREN'T GOING TO DISNEY ARE WE?! And I say YES we are & pulled out the "proof" & he was very, very excited & happy!

He was most impressed w/the amount of Disney Gift Cards I had earned & applied to the trip...I think he was just a little disappointed that those were already spent (he he he), but I told him that I was still earning & that we'd have more by the time our trip came around!

I'm so thankful to have found SR this year! We really didn't think we were going to be able to go this year due to some unexpected situations that happened earlier this spring, but I had been saving & then earning from SR, so I thought I'd see if I could do it all on my own & I did! It was the best & he's so happy!

So thank you Tricia for starting SR & allowing our dreams to come you! You're just like Walt!!

Second, Have a magical day!! I know I will!
    Jen
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

This is so incredibly cool!! I can just imagine how excited you both are to be going. I wish I could do something like that for DH some day. I bet he thinks you are the coolest wife in the whole world.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

What a fabulous story!
    Sunshine Rewards certainly makes planning a trip to Disney easier.
    Patti
    Photobucket
    wDisneySecrets.com Ticker

Sunshine RewardsPhotobucket

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Glad you got a great reaction from him. I'm sure you will have a fabulous trip.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Congrats!!!! I couldn't surprise bf but I did shock him over my earnings for next year's trip. He is so excited. I'm hoping to get to stay longer at the parks this time. 5 days just wasn't enough last year. I love seeing my balance grow on here and can't wait until the July special cash out.

Please let me know how Cindy's round table goes. We did the norway dinner with the princesses which was nice but i'm always looking for something new.
    Sunshine Rewards

That's awesome!! I wouldn't be abl;e to surprise my dh that way I don't think, but I was able to convince him that we should go since I had lots of giftcards saved up! If I hadn't had them we wouldn't be going in less than a month!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Your so lucky, well the both of you are!! Him for having such an awesome wife, and you for having a hubby who likes Disney !!!lol Thats way cool for you guys! Congrats!

Great story!!! I am glad it went well. You must be over the top now that he knows too!!! I hope you all have a great time!!!!
    LydiaSunshine Rewards

How fun! We're surprising the kids this year, so it was neat to read about your reveal

I don't think I should give my kids my margarita glass though!!

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

What a great way to surprise him. Love the clues. It is so funny that he asked so who is Cindy? My dd talks about Cindy all the time and dh still asks who is Cindy. She told him the other day that Cindy is Cinderella - why can't you remember that she is a real princess.