Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone suddenly getting all these free magazines?

Default Anyone suddenly getting all these free magazines?

Hey everyone! Are any of you suddenly getting free magazines in the mail that you did not request? I am wondering if someone is selling my name and address info off to these companies. I have had two this week, ones that I absolutely know I did not sign up for.

I'm wondering if it was the cooking magazine which was on here a few weeks ago. First, I got a Rachel Ray magazine and today a Reader's Digest. Now I have to dink around with canceling them and I will be urked if I keep getting more.

Just seeing if anyone else has this problem.
    Thanks LuvMyBoys & arob414
    Sunshine Rewards

I got the same 2!!!!

I thought it was just something I did wrong and so I wrote cancel on the invoice and need to send it back. Though I may actually keep the Rachel Ray one. I hate being signed up for things I know I didn't sign up for!!!
    <Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I also got the Rachel Ray last week. I called and they cancelled it immediately with no problems. I didnt get the Reader's Digest but I think RR is done through RD. If I am not mistaken these were sent through one of the free offers we did. Im not sure why but it is another one of those Columbia House things that is happening. I imagine that most everyone will get these also. Just call the number listed in the Rachel Ray magazine and they cancel it for you very easily. I am very careful about what things are checked off on the offers I do but somewhere along the way there must have been something we missed.
    Sunshine Rewards

Glad to know I'm not the only one

I guess I am going to have to call and cancel with them. It's funny, I thought about keeping the cooking one, but I don't know if I will if they are going to keep selling my information.
    Thanks LuvMyBoys & arob414
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm getting frustrated with the cooking one, cause they keep sending me a bill even though twice I have requested to cancel. I thought about keeping it too, but there were SO MANY ads in the magazine!
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

Me too, but just the Rachael Ray one.

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Quote Originally Posted by Alice28 View Post
    I'm getting frustrated with the cooking one, cause they keep sending me a bill even though twice I have requested to cancel. I thought about keeping it too, but there were SO MANY ads in the magazine!
    These aren't the same ones that everyone is getting now. The one you keep getting was an offer that we all did. They should have cancelled it as soon as you asked them to. The ones everyone is getting now were never knowingly signed up for. They are included somewhere in one of the free offer surveys.
    Sunshine Rewards

I got Reader's Digest and Men's Health. I called to cancel both.

I got Rachel Ray and Taste of Home. When the invoices came I wrote CANCEL and sent them on their way.

Wow, that makes me sad to know that Taste of Home would be doing that kind of marketing. They were such a great company before they were purchased by Reader's Digest

I did the cooking club magazine offer too, so I guess I'll be on the look out for unwanted magazines in the mail

You would think that someone in these company's marketing departments would realize the negative impact this kind of marketing has on consumer's opinions of the company
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie