Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carry-on only to Orlando?

Default Carry-on only to Orlando?

Has anyone ever done carryon only to Orlando? If you did, what did you do about sunscreen?
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    Has anyone ever done carryon only to Orlando? If you did, what did you do about sunscreen?
    Who are you flying? Do they allow one carry-on and one personal item?

I have done that at least 3 times now. I don't have a problem fitting all my stuff into a large duffle bag for my carry on (within the size limit) and the rest into a day bag (I shove my purse into the day bag).

I buy a couple of the travel size sunscreens from Target and put them in my liquids bag. I tend to only use sunscreen on my arms though, as my legs are usually covered and I use a face moisturizer with spf in it.

I think it can definitely be done if you are staying 3 days or less!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

I did carry-on only. I took a travel sized bottle of sunscreen. I tend to stay out of the sun so only use sunscreen on the places I tend to burn quickly(knees, hands, back of neck) so that was enough for me. If I had needed more I would have bought some from the resort store. It may be a bit more expensive but totally worth it to not have to deal with checked luggage.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks-I'm flying southwest. I'm thinking I'll do one bag, plus a backpack as my personal item.

You can always buy sunscreen there. It may cost more but could worth the cost. I can't do that because I cannot use just any sunscreen, so many of them make me itch. How many days are you staying?
    Once I shipped some things to myself so I would not have to fool with luggage.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by sammielynn View Post
    You can always buy sunscreen there. It may cost more but could worth the cost. I can't do that because I cannot use just any sunscreen, so many of them make me itch. How many days are you staying?
    Once I shipped some things to myself so I would not have to fool with luggage.
    Two days, so it seems silly to check it, but I'm wondering if having my own sunscreen might be worth the baggage wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    Two days, so it seems silly to check it, but I'm wondering if having my own sunscreen might be worth the baggage wait.
    I'm now thinking I may just fill empty travel sized bottles (old shampoo and the like) with sunscreen.

disneyforever is offline Ok, I have finally arrived here... now we can start the party!

I fly approx 4 - 6 trips per year and I haven't checked luggage in over 6 years.
    I even only took a carry on when I traveled to New Zealand and the Cook Islands
    for 2+ weeks. Depending on how many bottles of shampoo, mouthwash, soap,
    ect... you take, you could bring 2 travel size bottles of sunscreen. That is the
    amount of sunscreen I take for a week at the parks. You can also buy sunscreen
    at WDW - although it may be a bit more money. Get the bottles with the little clip
    on them and you can attach the sunscreen to your beltloop or bag while in the park.

Have fun in Orlando!
    Elaine

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

How about sunscreen wipes/towelettes? Do wipes count towards what has to go in the ziploc bag? If so, they may take up less room?
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

When the 9 of us go in Aug., our plan is to ship a box to ourselves ahead of time, filled with some snack stuff and our extra things like sunscreen, etc... And then we're planning to only do carry-on. Definitely don't want to start our trip waiting forever to get our bags (with 3 kids ready to get rolling!)!!

I think your plan to put sunscreen in the travel size bottles is a great one!! Very cost-effective too!!
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards