Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats up with the Dis

Default Whats up with the Dis

I don't know if there is a different crowd or the just the people but the posts can go so negative quick lately. Also everyone is so judgmental and attacking people for posting.

What is up over there lately? I ask straight forward questions and lurk a lot but it almost seems unhealthy lately. Or is it just me?

Sunshine Rewards

Honestly, I think it's an Internet wide phenomenon these days. I think a combination of the economy in the toilet, the heat and allergies are making everyone pissy, so they figure if they can't say anything nice, they say it on the Internet. Additionally, I know a Vegas forum I'm on mentioned there volume is down b/c of fewer people going away, I think this might be effecting the DIS' numbers as well.
    I myself actually got into a hysterical 'net pile on Hedy last night on a hair forum. You wish I was joking.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Oh, you should "hear" the posters over at Flyer Talk. It's a very good site to get travel/frequent flyer/hotel rewards information, but, man - are they snarky! The majority of the posters on that site are male and I don't know if that has anything to do with it, or the fact that it's a very large site, or the reasons that Heather said, but I don't post there often just to avoid drama.

I sure hope, Hedy, that you weren't busting on my killer mullet! If so, you deserve everything you got over there.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by fourfoxesinpa View Post
    Oh, you should "hear" the posters over at Flyer Talk. It's a very good site to get travel/frequent flyer/hotel rewards information, but, man - are they snarky! The majority of the posters on that site are male and I don't know if that has anything to do with it, or the fact that it's a very large site, or the reasons that Heather said, but I don't post there often just to avoid drama.

I sure hope, Hedy, that you weren't busting on my killer mullet! If so, you deserve everything you got over there.
    Yeah, I just started lurking on Flyertalk....

Apparently methods of cutting hair are serious business. As is the fact that I have the audacity to (gasp!) like my hair when it's straight (I wear it curly 99% of the time, but the sylist straightened it when I got it cut). Who knew?

Say it isn't so!!! The horror!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

The Dis has had negative people over there for a long time...I rarely post over there anymore, mostly just lurk...there was a large thread over there that had a whole lotta people upset because the woman said adults shouldn't be allowed to ride Dumbo...sometimes I think people just post things to really get a rise out of those who are on it.

I still go over there, but not as often as here. I like it here...it's warm & fuzzy!

Hedy-how DARE you?! ;0)
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

What was really funny was that I said "It doesn't work for a lot of people here, but it works for me.." never knew people could figure out my hair over the net without a picture.

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    What was really funny was that I said "It doesn't work for a lot of people here, but it works for me.." never knew people could figure out my hair over the net without a picture.
    My question is...why is it ANY of their concern what you do with YOUR hair? That's funny to me.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Yeah, it can get ugly over there sometimes! Someone asked opinions on double strollers to use on their upcoming trip. We had just returned from WDW using a new double stroller that I loved. I gave my opinions on it and answered their questions. However, another poster started posting and slamming my "opinions". Just really rude and weird. Oh well- guess they had nothing better to do!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    My question is...why is it ANY of their concern what you do with YOUR hair? That's funny to me.
    I'd posted about getting my haircut, asking for tips, I did a follow-up thank you post, and mentioned it.

Yeah, I'm still amused.

Sorry for threadjacking, Moosebrains.